PDA

View Full Version : carphone

pyro
09-03-2005, 01:47 AM
Is it at all possible to use the old carphone with current service?

olsan100
09-03-2005, 08:05 AM
I'm not sure, but can't you get a boot that fits your current phone and then hook the boot into to current phone fixture? Just a thought. Basically an adapter of sorts.

Jay 535i
09-03-2005, 10:55 AM
The storage space left behind if you rip the phone out is a million times more useful than a wired-in phone.

Just my opinion, which you didn't ask for. :)

Alexlind123
09-03-2005, 01:08 PM
I agree, there are 4 small hole left over after removal, and a nice place to maybe even squeeze a water bottle in. The PO removed mine.

Jay 535i
09-03-2005, 01:17 PM
I agree, there are 4 small hole left over after removal, and a nice place to maybe even squeeze a water bottle in. The PO removed mine.

I'm thinking of just getting some felt from the fabric store and sticking it to the bottom of the hole to make it a bit nicer.

Yes, a standard bottle of water fits in there perfectly, as do my sunglasses, iPod, etc.

pyro
09-04-2005, 01:11 AM
The storage space left behind if you rip the phone out is a million times more useful than a wired-in phone.
YES!! agreed. i think it was an impulsive question. I'm thinking more along the lines of permanent wiring the phone charger inside there sort of like a dock type thing inside that hole. Anyone have any advice here?

Jay 535i
09-04-2005, 10:44 AM
YES!! agreed. i think it was an impulsive question. I'm thinking more along the lines of permanent wiring the phone charger inside there sort of like a dock type thing inside that hole. Anyone have any advice here?

You mean for your mobile phone?

I'm not very electrically astute, but I'd think you could take apart one of those DC in-car charges meant for the lighter socket, and solder it directly into the power for the rear seat cigarette lighter. Then hide the whole contraption inside the center console, but for the little jack sticking out to plug into the phone.

MBXB
09-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Check to see if there is a car kit availble for your phone. The installs are cleaner. I wouldn't bother with the old BMW phone. You'll have to match your antenna with your current carrier. I'm not sure which technology the BMW phone used.

uscharalph
09-05-2005, 01:35 AM
Is it at all possible to use the old carphone with current service?
Why would you want to do that?

pyro
09-05-2005, 01:47 AM
i dlnot know why I would, I guess it was a impulsive question but i got a very good idea out of it so it was worth asking.