PDA

View Full Version : Slanting windows

ChefJRD
09-02-2005, 11:50 AM
A while ago my left rear window stopped working in that it would go down, but wouldn't go up. It would just making popping noises from the gears not fully engaging. Now my other rear window is beginning to do the same. When the first one went bad, I suspected the motor or regulator, but they both looked fine, and with the second window I've noticed that it slants a bit when I try to put it up and that all I have to do to engage the gears is to realign the window with my hands. If I do this while holding down the button, the window will go up just fine.

I'm guessing this is due to the window slide (little plastic thingy that I believe attaches to regulator arms). Are there any other alignment parts besides the slides and felt/rubber window tracks that I should check?

Hopefully fixing one window will provide the key to fixing the other.

632 Regal
09-02-2005, 01:32 PM
go and get a bunch of them clips, enough for all the windows that way when you fix the 2 the other ones wont ever break.

Clean the tracks good and put fresh grease or vasoline in the tracks and assemble, hopefully your regulaters havent taken a dump on you yet.

Chef huh?
http://www.gifmaniacos.com/SouthPark/Chef/chef8.gif

ChefJRD
09-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the tips, I'll give that a try. Looking at some older posts on the subject, I saw you got the slides from the stealer for 80 cents!! I'll let you know what I find them for..... When the regulator fails, is it because the teeth on the gear fail or because the arms get bent up?

Chef is in German for "boss", plus add my initials and you get a corny throwback to childhood Chef Boyardee commercials :p

BobHarris
09-02-2005, 06:55 PM
When the drivers window fell out of my old 518 saloon the arms got bent, but I straightened them out replaced the plastic sliders applied some grease and lived happily ever after.

All the best

Bob