PDA

View Full Version : anyine know how to get to the plug end of the cps?

bullyd
09-02-2005, 04:58 AM
i cant get to the plug end of the crankshaft position sensor! ive traced the wires back to under the inlet manifold! does anyone know what i have to take off to get to the plug ? thanx in advance
the car is an m20 520i '89
i have searched previous threads to no avail heeeeeeelllllllllpppppppppp :p

emw525E34
09-02-2005, 07:40 AM
Lets see... its been months since I crawled under the "old goat". This is the pulse generator with one end at the crank teeth and goes under the engine with a rectangular plug, right ?. You should be able to get the plug off by prying off the metal clip.

If you are taking about the TPS, thats a different thing. Its a friday and my brain ain't really working after a hard days work.....

bullyd
09-02-2005, 09:14 AM
i have done it!
for future searches:-
under the inlet manifold the engine loom is held by two 10mm nuts remove these and pull loom from its mounts, then run your fingers along the wire from the front of the engine behind the loom until you feel the plug, squeeze the spring clip on the side and pull and hey presto u have the lead off!

emw525E34
09-03-2005, 12:23 AM
Great the spring clip was the trick. Good job. did mine years ago, that spring clip held me up for about an hour as I could not "feel" it down there.