PDA

View Full Version : OT New Car

dacoyote
08-31-2005, 01:04 PM
I am really thinking about getting rid of the Mini Van and the bmw... and buying my Golf TDI.

:-( makes me sick but at least then I would have a new car.. and I could always get a new beater bmw and be ahead of where I was...

So.. my question of the day is...

Is taking a 4 grand bath on my bmw a good idea?
Is there anyway I could get what I owe on it 8500?
What sort issues can I look foward to on my Golf TDI?

-Charles

632 Regal
08-31-2005, 01:23 PM
hey Chuck, you have good pictures of the Bimmer? You know the 10k rule on these cars, if its decent you shouldnt have too hard a time selling it for that price.

dacoyote
08-31-2005, 01:46 PM
hey Chuck, you have good pictures of the Bimmer? You know the 10k rule on these cars, if its decent you shouldnt have too hard a time selling it for that price.

No I don't, I will see when I can get some good pictures of it with the better cam.

It has some rust bubbles spots, needs suspension work, is missing the door skirts up front and has a stain on the passenger side seat and in the trunk. Due for next tranny flush and it has a push button start.

-Charles

632 Regal
08-31-2005, 01:53 PM
push button? better than a hand crank starter I guess.

SharkmanBMW
08-31-2005, 02:32 PM
I know 2 people with TDI VW... both have spent at least 2k in the last year keeping them running, sorry, I can't tell you specifics.
Hencho in Mehico!
But they drive very well for a cheaper car.
If you can fix them yourself you will be ok.

Kalevera
08-31-2005, 05:45 PM
Charles....VW these days produces garbage. Just MHO, but I think others will echo similar sentiments. Just take a look at the electrics. What a nightmare.

best, whit

Lennyz525i
08-31-2005, 05:49 PM
What's wrong with the 95 525i? At 125K that car has lots of life left, even as a daily driver. My 525i is from 90, has 170K on the clock and has to endure short stop and go trips daily, in hot weather.

dacoyote
08-31-2005, 10:01 PM
What's wrong with the 95 525i? At 125K that car has lots of life left, even as a daily driver. My 525i is from 90, has 170K on the clock and has to endure short stop and go trips daily, in hot weather.

It's two things,

Gas Mileage.
Money to Keep up the car.

I just got a house so Money is a little tight right now.. and I already have learned the best way to spend a lot of money on the bmw.. is to not spend any at all. I really don't want the car to rott away in my driveway. I think a lot of it is going to boil down to how much it costs to fix the suspesnion, and how bad the tranny handles the filter change.

-Charles