PDA

View Full Version : OT: Volvo men...94 850T question

misfortune
08-31-2005, 01:01 PM
My mom's 850 turbo has been overheating. It'll run fine for about 20 minutes, and after that, it begins to overheat.

I personally think its the aux fan, having added coolant + water several times. What else would cause it? How can I check if the aux fan is working on or not, and is there anything simple that can be done to remedy this, or should I leave it for the mechanic?

Black 535i
08-31-2005, 01:10 PM
www.brickboard.com
or
www.swedespeed.com

My mom's 850 turbo has been overheating. It'll run fine for about 20 minutes, and after that, it begins to overheat.

I personally think its the aux fan, having added coolant + water several times. What else would cause it? How can I check if the aux fan is working on or not, and is there anything simple that can be done to remedy this, or should I leave it for the mechanic?

winfred
08-31-2005, 06:51 PM
it's easy to test the electric fan circuit, the relay is about the size of your fist and should be mounted above the fan (you can follow the wire from the fan) in the center of the bottom of the relay where the plugs go the D shaped two wire plug is the one that turns the fan on high and low, key on ground one or the other of those two pins and the fan should come on