PDA

View Full Version : How should I disable the car from starting?

Phil M
02-27-2004, 07:19 PM
Should I pull a fuse in the fusebox (what fuse?) or just disconnect the battery? Im looking for a discreet way to do this as the battery disconnect is quite obvious. Also, if the battery were to be disconnected for a decent amount of time (1-2 wks) would anything important reset (other than OBC settings, radio)? TIA guys.

...dont even ask :)

ScottyWM
02-27-2004, 07:21 PM
What if you just use the code function on the OBC?

JohnC
02-27-2004, 07:49 PM
i think someone had a switch that was wired to the fuel pump and had it hidden somewhere so he could switch off the pump upon leaving the car. something like that.

ryan roopnarine
02-27-2004, 08:06 PM
but that is underhood.....but you wouldn't lose important settings though, and its easy to do....i agree with the poster below and say CODE function.....what auto thief is going to bother with that?

Phil M
02-27-2004, 08:31 PM
but that is underhood.....but you wouldn't lose important settings though, and its easy to do....i agree with the poster below and say CODE function.....what auto thief is going to bother with that?

ryan roopnarine
02-27-2004, 09:07 PM
but the fuel pump relay i think would be the way for you to go....i take it you have some way to open the doors -->hood?

winfred
02-27-2004, 10:14 PM
run a switch interupting the signal to the coil or main relay, the main relay is in the small box in front of the left strut tower, the main relay will kill all of the electrical power to the ignition and fuel system

Tiger
02-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Mmm... so what is Phil M trying to do? Drive his girlfriend to a spot... and oops... can't start the car up... oh well, what else can you do... while waiting for a tow truck... (Wink Wink)... Whadda ya know... car works after all... must be all that actions... ;o)

winfred
02-27-2004, 11:06 PM
gas grass or ass nobody rides free

Gary M
02-28-2004, 10:34 PM
Don't have the keys uh. So what are you trying to do?????? Keep the soon to be ex-wifey from driving away with the car or just trying to mess with someone you have a beef with?