PDA

View Full Version : Made the Switch to Mobil 1 Synthetic

uscharalph
08-31-2005, 12:43 AM
My brother and I switched the oil from dino to Mobil 1 Synthnetic (Extended Performance 15w50). Man, between the ignition wires, plug, distributor and rotor we replaced on Sunday and this new oil, the car is running so sweet! I can't wait to get up in the morning and drive the BMW!

We also changed out the 2 remaining belts I had gotten the wrong part on and got to try out my new Draper service reset tool. These cars just seem to love it when they're maintained!

BigKriss
08-31-2005, 01:28 AM
They love when they are maintained. Good work ralph. To do a service or inspection reset, just try the earth trick. You bought the tool though, i hope it has a code error reader on that.

uscharalph
08-31-2005, 10:08 AM
They love when they are maintained. Good work ralph. To do a service or inspection reset, just try the earth trick. You bought the tool though, i hope it has a code error reader on that.
No it doesn't have a code reader, but I only paid $20.00 for it. I've never tried a stomp test on the car.

Jon K
08-31-2005, 10:49 AM
No it doesn't have a code reader, but I only paid $20.00 for it. I've never tried a stomp test on the car.

Kriss was referring to the grounding trick. Simply get a wire, strip the ends, and ground Pin #7 (don't quote me) to the nuts on the shock tower for x amount of seconds and it'll reset the service lights.

uscharalph
08-31-2005, 11:21 AM
Thanks, but I know what Kriss was referring to. We've done it on the BMW before. It's just that I just bought a Draper Reset Tool that will do either the oil change reset or the inspection reset and we used that instead. They can be bought on eBay for around $20.00.