its all backwords!!!! and your battery is upfront....hmmmmmmmmmm

uscharalph
08-30-2005, 12:15 AM
http://img375.imageshack.us/my.php?image=inbone32um.jpg
Pretty clean!

uscharalph
08-30-2005, 12:16 AM
its all backwords!!!! and your battery is upfront....hmmmmmmmmmm
It's just like mine. Spoolinturbo, how about a picture of yours?

Dan in NZ
08-30-2005, 01:34 AM
That looks like one of the old style radiator caps. The newer ones release pressure before blowing your heater core apart, have a flat top and usually have a red dot in the middle. Available free at your local dealer as part of the recall from a couple of years back.

Kakaire
08-30-2005, 04:14 AM
Unfortunately no dealer in my country.... Uganda, East Africa.

Gayle
08-30-2005, 07:35 AM
Double wow!

1 for the good housekeeping award you deserve
and 2 Uganda?

This is going to sound like a very america-centric thing to say as we are so clueless about the rest of the would, but beautiful e34s in Unganda? That wasn't my mental picture. Is yours the only one or is there a bmw farm there we don't know about?

Kakaire
08-31-2005, 07:11 AM
These babies were only a handful til lately, many of then used to come from South Africa with very poor maintenance and given the fact tha we have no dealers keeping them up isn't easy at all. Lately a few come from UK, but with plenty of mileage on them.

I got mine from Japan, suprisingly with only 96k KM on the dial I have never seen this before here in Uganda, I love it. One set back is I was in a crash early Feb, it costed me another car to have it fixed, I fixed though and real good will post pics. Still have issues with rough Idle and bad rev between 1500- 2000 rpm.

Indys here do alot mods on these babies to keep them going, one other strange thing is many cars here drive without T-stats.... :( true.

Double wow!

1 for the good housekeeping award you deserve
and 2 Uganda?

This is going to sound like a very america-centric thing to say as we are so clueless about the rest of the would, but beautiful e34s in Unganda? That wasn't my mental picture. Is yours the only one or is there a bmw farm there we don't know about?

Alan_525i
08-31-2005, 02:53 PM
That looks like one of the old style radiator caps. The newer ones release pressure before blowing your heater core apart, have a flat top and usually have a red dot in the middle. Available free at your local dealer as part of the recall from a couple of years back.

The new caps dont have the raised center like the one in the pics, but no longer carry the red dot. I have gotten two new caps in the past year (from dealer) and neither one did.