PDA

View Full Version : Hey UKM5...

GJPinAU
08-29-2005, 06:23 PM
OK I'll bite. Your sig pic has got me intrigued. Is there a story behind it or was it just a good photo op. Also, why does it look like the lights are on in the room towards the rear of your car.
cheers, GJP

ukm5
08-29-2005, 06:38 PM
the room u can see with lights is a flat roofed area of the building whos roof has rotted away and what you can see is daylight, just coincidence the holes are square!
the house is on my land near my house, long since abandoned and just happened to take the pic thought it looked good

brodee
08-29-2005, 07:21 PM
How about some more pics of your car? I like the color from what I can see.

GJPinAU
08-29-2005, 08:27 PM
the room u can see with lights is a flat roofed area of the building whos roof has rotted away and what you can see is daylight, just coincidence the holes are square!
the house is on my land near my house, long since abandoned and just happened to take the pic thought it looked good
It just looks brilliant.
Thanks for the reply.
cheers, GJP

Alexlind123
08-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Ukm5, is your car cirrusblau metallic?

632 Regal
08-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Fix and paint that house and invite some additional income man!

Gayle
08-29-2005, 09:45 PM
Fix and paint that house and invite some additional income man!

I think that place has partially collapsed and has been sealed since he took the pic. I had the same curiosity about the picture a while back since it is so striking.

ukm5
08-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Ukm5, is your car cirrusblau metallic?

yes it is, its quite an unusual colour, the majority of e34s in this similar colour arent cirrus blau metallic, its a lighter blue that just doesnt age well

Alexlind123
08-29-2005, 10:38 PM
Hey, my car is also cirrus blau metallic. What do you mean by not aging well? I would think that lighter colors would be better for fading and so on. hmm...

[IMG]http://servo.postverket.us/alex/IMG_2044.JPG/IMG]

ukm5
08-30-2005, 07:48 AM
read what i said, i didnt say cirrus blau didnt age well i said the more popular similar colour but lighter doesnt age well, it looks like an old colour, i wasnt suggesting it faded

Alexlind123
08-30-2005, 10:52 AM
If you had said "in this similar colour arent cirrus blau metallic, THEY ARE a lighter blue that just doesnt age well", then it would have been more clear. Just wanted to clear up the cause for confusion. Next time you might try reading it over to yourself to see why i might have misunderstood what you were trying to say. What model is your car, BTW.

uscharalph
08-30-2005, 11:04 AM
OK I'll bite. Your sig pic has got me intrigued. Is there a story behind it or was it just a good photo op. Also, why does it look like the lights are on in the room towards the rear of your car.
cheers, GJP
Man, UKM5, you've got to tell the story about that broken down house a lot!

Qsilver7
08-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Man, UKM5, you've got to tell the story about that broken down house a lot!
I agree, I've always found this pic intriguing. The juxtaposition of the shiny car against the aged home whose character has become invisible to many as nature and time has taken its toll. The photo is kind of "artsy"...like a photo you would see in an art gallery (whether intended or not). It's not just that the house is old...but it has so much understated character. You get a sense of the life, love, joy, pain, sorrow, and reconciliation that once filled its walls. If those walls could talk...it would be an interesting story. Now it stands abandoned and alone...and though the roof has caved...the walls still stand as a testament to its once stateliness and security that it offered to its inhabitants.

Tell us more if you know the house's history. :)

ukm5
08-30-2005, 03:42 PM
how misunderstandable is 'its quite an unusual colour, the majority of e34s in this similar colour arent cirrus blau metallic, its a lighter blue that just doesnt age well'
this clearly explains that the lighter colour similar to cirrus blau doesnt age as well as cirrus blau

muppet dont preach to me on english

ukm5
08-30-2005, 03:49 PM
very well said!!

the house was built around 1950 using precast concrete, foundations werent properly laid and the owners ran out of money so the house has no second floor on the far right and they just decided to end there and put a flat roof on.
however they just ran out of money and the concrete started cracking and to repair was not an option, sadly all family have died and now its bordered up

Alexlind123
02-07-2007, 10:58 PM
how misunderstandable is 'its quite an unusual colour, the majority of e34s in this similar colour arent cirrus blau metallic, its a lighter blue that just doesnt age well'
this clearly explains that the lighter colour similar to cirrus blau doesnt age as well as cirrus blau

muppet dont preach to me on english

No, you're wrong. "Cirrusblau" is the subject of your sentence, and when you say "it" you are speaking about the subject.

By the way, you spelled color wrong, you english prick.

What? Its only 1.5 years late...

GoldenOne
02-07-2007, 11:13 PM
lol wow...holy thread revival...

fukem5
02-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Don't be dissing my paint job c*nt. where were you when bosnia was having a civil war huh? why didn't ya save us. why :'(

Gayle
02-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Alex--what is the matter with you? Why, after all this time, did you feel a need to give UKM5 a piece of your mind.

Too bad he deleted all his posts. I miss the pictures of the old relic of a house without windows. In fact, I kind of miss his obnoxiousness. The board no longer has anyone that we love to hate.

fukm5--No disrespect intended to you by the above statement, but we all knew the original and you aren't him. But fukm5--are you coming to bimmerfest? You know I have promised to give you a personal tour of CA if you can tear yourself away from your important R&D.

Alexlind123
02-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Alex--what is the matter with you? Why, after all this time, did you feel a need to give UKM5 a piece of your mind.

Too bad he deleted all his posts. I miss the pictures of the old relic of a house without windows. In fact, I kind of miss his obnoxiousness. The board no longer has anyone that we love to hate.

fukm5--No disrespect intended to you by the above statement, but we all knew the original and you aren't him. But fukm5--are you coming to bimmerfest? You know I have promised to give you a personal tour of CA if you can tear yourself away from your important R&D.

I was searching for cirrusblau, and i found this thread. I realized i hadnt responded, so...better late than never?

mattyb
02-08-2007, 05:30 AM
i was talking to fukem5 today, well listening actaully, he talks-others listen as a rule. i wonder where is the maksed r and d crusader? with his cousins in the boscave? He did tell me to tell you that " no dishrespect taken" i know he was road testing tryes for NASA and the space shuttle in conjunction with goodyear at Andrews over your way. and then was shark wrestling in Bosnia tomorrow after schumacker was going to cut fukems toenails after schui lost a paper rock scissors showdown. who knows i am sure he will showup soon.

Gayle
02-08-2007, 06:37 AM
i was talking to fukem5 today, well listening actaully, he talks-others listen as a rule. i wonder where is the maksed r and d crusader? with his cousins in the boscave? He did tell me to tell you that " no dishrespect taken" i know he was road testing tryes for NASA and the space shuttle in conjunction with goodyear at Andrews over your way. and then was shark wrestling in Bosnia tomorrow after schumacker was going to cut fukems toenails after schui lost a paper rock scissors showdown. who knows i am sure he will showup soon.

Thanks for the update, mattyb. It is always good to know what "God's gift to BMWs" is up to.

632 Regal
02-08-2007, 10:49 AM
I could always un-ban the master himself?

SharkmanBMW
02-08-2007, 04:19 PM
No, let's leave ukm5 alone, he really was a sour bitch! No need to bring that douchebag back to life... a thread revival is cool though!

GJPinAU
02-08-2007, 05:08 PM
No, let's leave ukm5 alone, he really was a sour bitch! No need to bring that douchebag back to life... a thread revival is cool though!
I have NEVER asked anyone about their sig pic since this!

You're a cat lover?

Greg

Alexlind123
02-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Thread revivals are fun. Besides, it helps us remember what we all learned from this.

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-08-2007, 08:07 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=13570

SharkmanBMW
02-08-2007, 09:04 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=13570

AAAHHHHH, sweet memories of that day.
I wonder who he is squawking at now?!

RockJock
10-09-2007, 10:03 PM
---snip---where were you when bosnia was having a civil war huh? why didn't ya save us. why :'(

cuz' foreign policy dictates the prerequisite of @ least 100 billion bbls of proven in the ground .....

BigKriss
10-10-2007, 05:11 AM
I liked ukm5 :)

Macv
10-10-2007, 07:31 AM
whoops another thread revival.