PDA

View Full Version : Fan in the Ebox? Also Aux Fan Fuse?

DaCan23
08-29-2005, 12:28 PM
Lately if the radio is off, once in a while I can hear the fan in the Ebox whirling. Is the fan known for premature death? If it's not workin properly I probably should check it out to not cook the electronics. Or does the bearing maybe just need to be replaced?

Also I keep popping fuse 25 I think, for the aux fan. Cars running the same as usual and when I find it popped, nothing stands out for issues before that. Theres 2 fuses for the aux fan, 25 & 29 I think. Is 29 a backup?

Still havent done that vib damper, dismissed the indy diagnostic, after havin the indy I bought the E24 from give it a second look. Though I did talk to a stealer mech, while talkin to the stealer service mgr I know.... and he did say its a 5% chance the dampner is causig my cold cut out at mid RPMS.

Thanks

shogun
08-29-2005, 05:57 PM
I changed it last year on my E32. It looks like a small fan in a PC. In my opinion it is not possible or too much work to replace the bearing. Just change it.

genphreak
08-30-2005, 03:00 AM
Hey guys, I have had the same problem for over 2 years now... is it a standard (ie PC-style or something) fan of some kind or does one have to use an OEM part? I'd like the get the flow rate 'similar' at least... from what I can tell it is thermostat controlled, but not variable in speed. (Might be a nice little mod).

I guess it blows into the interior btw, no?

If it is a PC one I could get a light up one... :D that'd be funny- but I don't think it can be seen at all given the location it is in... :( DOes one have to remove teh whole computer box to replace it? I've looked a few times but have chickened out each time.... so far its well heard but NOT seen...

No... No, No, No!!! Don't tell me this is another lost opportunity to go bling? Why didn;t they design these cars right???

Paul in NZ
08-30-2005, 03:38 AM
Why didn;t they design these cars right???

for cryin out loud,these cars were designed in 1986 or so........,desicions were made even earlier than that.......

genphreak
08-30-2005, 05:04 AM
for cryin out loud,these cars were designed in 1986 or so........,desicions were made even earlier than that.......Too right I was crying. It seems like everywhere I want to put an LED on this car I can't. Angel eyes are too damn hard (put my el-cheapo kit on eBay w/o even fitting it) , the stock dash wiring is a nightmare my ignorance cannot fathom, and the chrome bits I stick on all just seem to fall off. Not even my **fully bling dash-mounted disco light system** (a.ka. stereo) works without +95db of engine whine...

I really think they could have spent more time forseeing our desires to add LEDs to every conceivable part of the car. I know thousands like me out there who want to do this but just won't speak out online. Im serious!!! It's BMW's product differentiation that's at stake here: We need to ensure our cars ***DON'T get mistaken for rice burners with stick on spoilers, EGR valve whistles and performance pedal pads.*** And another thing, why o why do those Germans insist on having a positive earth on these euro cars? Every LED I connect refuses to light up! (I was lucky to find that out on the other forum before I started hooking them all up, cos otherwise they'd probably have blown huh!)

But I reckon a lot of it is just bad luck. The other day I mounted the tailights I spent last week tinting and then on my first cruise I got rear ended by an old lady who failed to stop. She got carted away to the hospital and died later. I was just lucky my lights managed to hold together, there were no cracks or anything. The back of the car is a mess though, so I might sell them on eBay if the car get's written off by the insurance company. Or maybe I'll use them on the next one... (now I have learned so much about this one, I'd hate to waste the knowledge!)

Actually I have a really sic dancing girl program for my rear-window mounted LED chaser that I'd upload for everyone to use if only someone would help me get this car tricked up the way I want.

Sorry about the confusion btw Paul, I better get back to re-sticking my peeling window tint now. ;) GP