View Full Version : my crazy 540I

MR-540I
08-29-2005, 04:37 AM
Who can help me

Hi all

I have a 1995 e34 540I

I have some problem on it
:( :( :(

when i drive and push petrol pedal the car want to go fast but the engine is off and on. whe i start the car at any time and drive on first push for petrol pedal the problem is not comming but when i stop and push agine the problem is comming.

I toke it for a grages someone tell me its fule problem, you have a poor fule pump. someone tell me the problem from the fule regulator.

I replaced the fule pump , fule filte , fule regulator , Idel air valve , clean the injectors , AFM , Engine DME and crank shaft sensor.

I toke it to some grage have a computer to check it all diagnostic's didn't want to enter. they told me the diagnostic line is bloked or locked.

I want to know whats the problem on my car and what to do to repair it and i want to know why the diagnostic line is bloked or locked.

MY car vin no. gf07322

and thanks for all
please help me

MR-540I

Paul in NZ
08-29-2005, 04:47 AM
o2 sensors????

Stoops417
08-29-2005, 08:08 AM
Who can help me

Hi all

I have a 1995 e34 540I

I have some problem on it
:( :( :(

when i drive and push petrol pedal the car want to go fast but the engine is off and on. whe i start the car at any time and drive on first push for petrol pedal the problem is not comming but when i stop and push agine the problem is comming.

I toke it for a grages someone tell me its fule problem, you have a poor fule pump. someone tell me the problem from the fule regulator.

I replaced the fule pump , fule filte , fule regulator , Idel air valve , clean the injectors , AFM , Engine DME and crank shaft sensor.

I toke it to some grage have a computer to check it all diagnostic's didn't want to enter. they told me the diagnostic line is bloked or locked.

I want to know whats the problem on my car and what to do to repair it and i want to know why the diagnostic line is bloked or locked.

MY car vin no. gf07322

and thanks for all
please help me

MR-540I

Only thing i can think of is take it to a BMW dealership. If you get different results from garages, go to the scource

632 Regal
08-29-2005, 10:46 AM
you have covered most everything that can go wrong, there are only a few other things to replace or check.

Is there oil where the spark plugs go into the cylinder heads? If so then you will need to replace the valve cover gaskets. Also if there is oil there it can foul the spark plug boots, the coils and eventually the DME. I would check this first.

The next thing to check is the crank sensor if it is loose and the wires coming from it to see that they are good and not torn or the insulation is intact.

hispeedlodrag
08-29-2005, 11:05 AM
I have to agree with Paul...you did not mention 02 sensors....that is where i would start

Tiger
08-29-2005, 12:02 PM
That and the ICV along with Intake Maniflold gasket... I think intake manifold is the culprit as air sneaking in cause wild problem... Make sure your intake boots from the air box to the meter to the intake is tight!

Kalevera
08-29-2005, 07:07 PM
For on board diagnostics to work, all modules on the network need to be responding.

The same thing happened on my own car -- couldn't get any diagnostic computer to connect to it. The stupid previous owner had jumpered a wire at the driver's seat harness, messing everything up.

The actual way to troubleshoot a non-connecting OBD is to pull each individual module in the car (about 13 of them in total) and see which one's causing the error. Should take a competent shop 6 hours.

best, whit

MR-540I
08-30-2005, 09:32 AM
thanks for all

but i disconnect the o2 sensor befor and i have no effects

lowell

maby am same your car previous owner,

becuse i replace my seat by 1993 540i lather seats with heaters. i dont know if make problems for diagnostics or not.

tell me what to do now??????????????????

i want to reair my car

thanks for all agine

MR-540i

632 Regal
09-01-2005, 03:48 PM
thanks for all

but i disconnect the o2 sensor befor and i have no effects

tell me what to do now??????????????????
MR-540i

there is no change when disconnecting the O2 sensors BECAUSE the car is running in safe mode...reboot the computer and see how it does.

Did you check ANY of the things I previously posted?

MR-540I
09-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Thanks Regal for your help

i disconnect the O2 sensor and i replaced them also but no effects.

you mean i have to replace the O2 sensor and disconnect the ((DME)) --computer-- for a time ?

but i want to tell you something

when i colse the fule retern line the car is comming beter . why?????

thanks Regal

i hope you will help me

MR-540I
09-04-2005, 04:38 PM
---the car is running in safe mode...reboot the computer and see how it does----

can you tell me how to reboot the computer ???????????

632 Regal
09-04-2005, 05:05 PM
disconnect the battery cables for about a half hour, hook up the O2 sensors and then reconnect the battery and go for a drive and see how it acts.

If it is the same then you should hook a guage up to the fule rail to check pressures.

---the car is running in safe mode...reboot the computer and see how it does----

can you tell me how to reboot the computer ???????????

rockyfeller
09-04-2005, 07:23 PM
hahaha......sorry I had to laugh!