PDA

View Full Version : Online ETK URL?

Mitch90535im
08-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Why am I having such a hard time finding the url for the online ETK? I thought the link was in the Quick Links tab.

Kalevera
08-28-2005, 06:21 PM
http://www.realoem.com

best, whit

Mitch90535im
08-28-2005, 06:28 PM
thanks

uscharalph
08-29-2005, 12:44 AM
Why am I having such a hard time finding the url for the online ETK? I thought the link was in the Quick Links tab.
Heres's another one, a little different from realoem: http://www.bmwtoolkit.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=56

632 Regal
08-29-2005, 12:49 AM
Now I have a backup for when the real oem site is down or slow!

Heres's another one, a little different from realoem: http://www.bmwtoolkit.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=56

SRR2
08-29-2005, 06:21 AM
I tried a couple lookups on that site. Didn't work nearly as well as realoem, IMO. Realoem's serial lookup works well and, I imagine, significantly reduces error. This other site doesn't have it, and requires that you enter the data manually. Every time you visit. Plus, the three systems I looked at, not one of the illustrations came up. Three pages, three red 'x's. Think I'll be sticking with realoem.

uscharalph
08-29-2005, 10:32 AM
I tried a couple lookups on that site. Didn't work nearly as well as realoem, IMO. Realoem's serial lookup works well and, I imagine, significantly reduces error. This other site doesn't have it, and requires that you enter the data manually. Every time you visit. Plus, the three systems I looked at, not one of the illustrations came up. Three pages, three red 'x's. Think I'll be sticking with realoem.
The real benefit of the other ETK is when you're figuring what other models a part fits and as a backup to realoem.

uscharalph
08-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Once you get to a part number, it will be in blue and underlined. Click on it and it will show you every other model that part was used on. Great if you're selling something on eBay, you can use that info in your listing.

SRR2
08-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Hey, now that's pretty cool. I missed it. Thanks for pointing it out. I have this collection of oil filter cartridges from past 3.5L 6es that I'd be willing to give away if someone pays shipping. I'm gonna give this a try to see what engines they actually are designed for. Heh heh... Yeah, I do know what I owned, but some of these were an error in ordering and/or shipment.

Kalevera
08-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Just wait until they port the new version of ETK onto the web. I kinda like it, some say it sucks ass.

Much more graphical.

Go figure.

best, whit

Kalevera
08-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Ralph -- realoem has the same functionality (albeit a cut/paste operation versus a click). Copy the part number and paste it into the "part number search". It'll give interchangeability.

best, whit

Bill R.
08-29-2005, 08:02 PM
..Actually since i always use graphical search on the old one , I thought the new one had less graphics. I also like some parts of it better but i don't like to fact that you can't backup like you can with the old one.

Just wait until they port the new version of ETK onto the web. I kinda like it, some say it sucks ass.

Much more graphical.

Go figure.

best, whit

Kalevera
08-29-2005, 08:24 PM
..Actually since i always use graphical search on the old one , I thought the new one had less graphics. I also like some parts of it better but i don't like to fact that you can't backup like you can with the old one.
Ah, sorry Bill, I must've missed the post. Personally, I like it a lot better. The version we picked up from the dealer has a few bugs with vehicle IDs...think we're talking about the same thing in "backing up" -- you can go forward down the tree of categories, but once you start going backwards, it gets iffy and sometimes won't let you step forward again without resetting the vehicle ID.

I always thought the "back" and "forward" buttons were ergonomic tomfoolery. Seems like they made it even less logical this time around.

best, whit