PDA

View Full Version : Car Wax - is there a study or something for "Best Under $10"?

RobPatt
08-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Looking for wax, don't want to spend huge bucks, and there's a large selection of waxes under $10. Anyone know of a good comparison among them? Saw DuPont selling a carnuba and teflon wax, about 11 ounces for $6.... will research more as well. Thanks. -Rob.

(this way can wax after my latest best friend, Katrina, passes by) winfred hope you got the bilge pumps on full afterburner, or the E34 on full afterburner heading north. Pressure on this one's lower than was for Camille. God speed. -Rob.

Garlic Breath
08-28-2005, 03:59 PM
http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/detailing/forum.php?postid=5504326&page=1

632 Regal
08-28-2005, 04:54 PM
looks like zaino z2 was the winner.

Been-Jammin
08-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Looking for wax, don't want to spend huge bucks, and there's a large selection of waxes under $10. Anyone know of a good comparison among them? Saw DuPont selling a carnuba and teflon wax, about 11 ounces for $6.... will research more as well. Thanks. -Rob.

(this way can wax after my latest best friend, Katrina, passes by) winfred hope you got the bilge pumps on full afterburner, or the E34 on full afterburner heading north. Pressure on this one's lower than was for Camille. God speed. -Rob.

I use "Liquid Glass". Have been using it as long as I can remember. I used to have to special order it from a Corvette club 20 years ago. It's available almost everwhere now for about $12. I know Advance sells it for sure. An application lasts a VERY long time (several months) and is great UV protection (I worry about Florida sun). I usually start with three applications on a new vehicle then twice to three times a year from there. One bottle lasts me a couple years with 3 cars and several bikes. It's especially great for motorcycles, flexible painted parts, fiberglass, composites, etc. Does a great job on polished aluminum too. Keeps it from fading and from developing those nasty water spots. Doesn't leave swirl marks like wax, just a smooth shiny finish. One bottle and you'll be hooked.

RobPatt
08-28-2005, 05:21 PM
...all look to be homegrown backyard tests, but no one w/personal experiences huh? OK will have to be among the liquid glass and the Z2. Cheers. -Rob.

uscharalph
08-29-2005, 12:54 AM
http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/detailing/forum.php?postid=5504326&page=1
I use Mothers and it wasn't even tested.

Casebrius
08-29-2005, 01:53 PM

If your looking for a Carnuaba try Collinite Insulator Wax #845. Found readily online, just got some on ebay for $12. Goes on and off very easy. Lasts FAR longer than any other Carnuaba on the market. It doesn't stain trim either.