PDA

View Full Version : no locks, no windows, no wipers

pong
08-27-2005, 11:34 AM
my lock cylinder came off the other day. went to a locksmith to remove the locking mechanism... behold... a broken part... the problem now is i still dont have a replacement so i closed it... with the parts out...

the problem now is that locking or unlocking the car is impossible... also my windows do not work... and funnily enough the wiper is either at high or off... is this normal when you remove the whole locking system or something else went bonkers... everything was normal before i did this...

Interceptor
08-27-2005, 12:02 PM
my lock cylinder came off the other day. went to a locksmith to remove the locking mechanism... behold... a broken part... the problem now is i still dont have a replacement so i closed it... with the parts out...

the problem now is that locking or unlocking the car is impossible... also my windows do not work... and funnily enough the wiper is either at high or off... is this normal when you remove the whole locking system or something else went bonkers... everything was normal before i did this...
Replace the fusible link under the rear seat.

Kai@e34.de
08-27-2005, 12:03 PM
central fuse is blown or there's a hairline crack in it. located in a small black box near the battery.

ryan roopnarine
08-27-2005, 01:17 PM
that isn't a fusible link problem if the wipers have no speeds other than fast or off, its a general module problem. i'd start by disconnecting the battery for at least 30 minutes. if that doesn't get it, you may have to remove the general module with the battery disconnected and reconnect it, if that doesn't work......well you might have problems.

Kai@e34.de
08-27-2005, 02:11 PM
that isn't a fusible link problem if the wipers have no speeds other than fast or off, its a general module problem
yes, and guess which module gets no power anymore if this fuse is blown? ;)

uscharalph
08-27-2005, 02:54 PM
that isn't a fusible link problem if the wipers have no speeds other than fast or off, its a general module problem. i'd start by disconnecting the battery for at least 30 minutes. if that doesn't get it, you may have to remove the general module with the battery disconnected and reconnect it, if that doesn't work......well you might have problems.
The wipers are probablly a seperate problem from the others.

Javier
08-27-2005, 03:31 PM
are handled by GM, High speed is independent. Check all fuses, including F47 under rear seat.

Javier