PDA

View Full Version : Door lock-help!

Alexlind123
08-26-2005, 01:04 PM
The drivers door lock is stuck open. I removed the door panel and found that the solenoid appears to be working properly and is not seized. The lock stud is just stuck in place, when the solenoid tries to move the lock, it just jolts and the door does not lock. Should i just spray wd-40 and try to work it around or what?

Paul in NZ
08-26-2005, 05:17 PM
yes,Try to manipulate/lube it so that it does move,i would suggest the actuator is now shot,trying to move the jammed mechanism.Prolly a good idea to take off the passengers side to see how it should work......

Alexlind123
08-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Well i got it to lock and now it locks and unlocks with the key like it is supposed to.

Paul in NZ
08-26-2005, 06:29 PM
good for you .What was the problem?

Alexlind123
08-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Im not sure...but but when i turned the key in the lock as far as it would go for a couple seconds the door locked and it now seems to work fine. I also used some wd-40 before this and some lithium grease befor ei put it back together.

uscharalph
08-26-2005, 07:07 PM
Im not sure...but but when i turned the key in the lock as far as it would go for a couple seconds the door locked and it now seems to work fine. I also used some wd-40 before this and some lithium grease befor ei put it back together.
The lube probably helped.

Paul in NZ
08-26-2005, 07:33 PM
and by turning the lock all the way you prolly resynched the system

Gayle
08-26-2005, 08:26 PM
I really admire the way you are digging in to fixing your new baby. My driver door would not lock with the key when I bought Charlie the 535 a few months ago. Now the truck lock won't lock it either. Tried the resyn procedure multiple times with no success. Indy want $85 bucks to open up 1 door to decide what is the matter. Wish I had the guts to do what you did or even to try to get at the wiring to the trunk. Call me chicken. You got my respect.

Alexlind123
08-26-2005, 09:11 PM
I really admire the way you are digging in to fixing your new baby. My driver door would not lock with the key when I bought Charlie the 535 a few months ago. Now the truck lock won't lock it either. Tried the resyn procedure multiple times with no success. Indy want $85 bucks to open up 1 door to decide what is the matter. Wish I had the guts to do what you did or even to try to get at the wiring to the trunk. Call me chicken. You got my respect.

If you're still having the problem, i would try turning the drivers side lock as far clockwise as it will go. This is what i did when it locked, it might have been because of the lube but its certainly worth a try.