PDA

View Full Version : Another happy e34 owner + update

White535Mtl
08-25-2005, 04:56 PM
First off, I'd like to send off a Huge Thank you to everyone on this board. You've all been of tremendous help for some of the tune-ups I've performed so far.

So here, I believe I haven't introduced myself yet. My name's Freddy and I'm from Montreal, Canada. I bought a 1990 535i when I saw it shining down my street. It had near perfect paint and it was Manual; the stick was enough for me to make me buy it. Being a poor student in Finance at Concordia U, I gathered my little pennies to spoil myself a little. Figured it wouldn't hurt since I'm the taxi driver at home for 2 younger sisters, an older brother and a full-time loving mommy :). And I got good grades last semester.
So I went ahead and bought my german mistress without really thinking. bought it for 4500 CAD with 327k kms on the odometer.
It needed quite a few things but I'm taking care of it slowly. The only mods so far are a alpine Head Unit and a locked differential.

Just changed the Power Steering fluid and transmission fluid today, and they proved to be of drastic change.
Thanks once again and you'll see me more often on the board :)

uscharalph
08-25-2005, 05:09 PM
First off, I'd like to send off a Huge Thank you to everyone on this board. You've all been of tremendous help for some of the tune-ups I've performed so far.

So here, I believe I haven't introduced myself yet. My name's Freddy and I'm from Montreal, Canada. I bought a 1990 535i when I saw it shining down my street. It had near perfect paint and it was Manual; the stick was enough for me to make me buy it. Being a poor student in Finance at Concordia U, I gathered my little pennies to spoil myself a little. Figured it wouldn't hurt since I'm the taxi driver at home for 2 younger sisters, an older brother and a full-time loving mommy :). And I got good grades last semester.
So I went ahead and bought my german mistress without really thinking. bought it for 4500 CAD with 327k kms on the odometer.
It needed quite a few things but I'm taking care of it slowly. The only mods so far are a alpine Head Unit and a locked differential.

Just changed the Power Steering fluid and transmission fluid today, and they proved to be of drastic change.
Thanks once again and you'll see me more often on the board :)
When did you get the BMW? Any pictures?

Gayle
08-25-2005, 08:49 PM
I think there are several other people on the board from your area. Maybe I am getting my Canadian cities mixed but aren't Sharkman and another new member McWatters from there? Where is guru Bruno--Toronto or Monteal? You might want to think about posting a Montreal get together like someone just did for Seatle.