PDA

View Full Version : help with my brake pads

casurfer911
08-25-2005, 03:32 PM
im doing new rotors and pads all the way around, the front is done and the rears are almost there, i just can't get the pads into the calipers, they just dont fit. I can get one in at a time, but once one is in, it blocks the other from fitting in. Anyone have a solution. thanks

Jeff N.
08-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Have your pressed the caliper piston back into the caliper? You need to do that to get in the pads and then fit it over the rotor.

casurfer911
08-25-2005, 03:59 PM
ya, i used a block of wood and a c clamp and tightened it like there was no tommorow. It is close to fitting, but the pads are just too thick

93-525i
08-25-2005, 04:08 PM
I haven't done the rears on my 5 series yet, but like other cars, it should have the e-brake piston on there are well, which you will have to twist(screw) counter clockwise and it will go back into the caliper.

casurfer911
08-25-2005, 04:40 PM
no, for the e-brake there is a drum brake inside of the rotor, completely seperate. thanks for the ideas though

Zeuk in Oz
08-25-2005, 04:52 PM
im doing new rotors and pads all the way around, the front is done and the rears are almost there, i just can't get the pads into the calipers, they just dont fit. I can get one in at a time, but once one is in, it blocks the other from fitting in. Anyone have a solution. thanks
Had exactly the same question as my first post on this forum.
There are 2 hex bolts under black caps that need to be undone to allow the rear pads to be inserted.