PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing Woes.

liquidtiger720
08-25-2005, 10:15 AM
It looks as if I am rubbing on the inside front tires (rubbing the strut tube)...but it dosn't look constant, more just....when at full lock going up a curb or something. (only rubbing the rim protection bead). Would I have any problem with that? My passenger rear tire is also rubbing, looks as if it rubs when it takes a hard hit or bump (again, rubbing on the inisde spring perch/spring). I don't know what I can do about the rears . What offest are you guys running?

ericcamaro
08-25-2005, 10:46 AM
I run a 10mm offset with my BBS RX-107's and I have no rubbing I have 235s up front and 245s out back, you may just want to throw some 3-8mm spacers all around if your running the 20mm stock offset but you should not be having these problems it means that your suspension geomitry is off somewhere and probobly bushings are going out somewhere. btw what wheels are you running please list model and offset.

uscharalph
08-25-2005, 10:50 AM
It looks as if I am rubbing on the inside front tires (rubbing the strut tube)...but it dosn't look constant, more just....when at full lock going up a curb or something. (only rubbing the rim protection bead). Would I have any problem with that? My passenger rear tire is also rubbing, looks as if it rubs when it takes a hard hit or bump (again, rubbing on the inisde spring perch/spring). I don't know what I can do about the rears . What offest are you guys running?
This rubbing stuff concerns me when I think about new tires and rims / lowering the car.