PDA

View Full Version : Automatic shifter indicator offline...

nyc525iTe34
08-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Ok, was hoping someone might be able to offer me an explanation and solution for this. I have a 1993 525i Touring.

My automatic shifter shifts perfectly fine (e.g. from Park to Drive, etc.). However, when my car is in Drive the orange indicator that shows which gear I am currently in does not display correctly. Instead of showing that I am in Drive, the orange indicator shows that I am in Neutral (the gear above Drive). The electronic dash display correctly displays which gear I am currently in.

Was wondering if anyone had ever experienced this and if anyone could offer a solution.

Thanks!

Scott C
08-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Ok, was hoping someone might be able to offer me an explanation and solution for this. I have a 1993 525i Touring.

My automatic shifter shifts perfectly fine (e.g. from Park to Drive, etc.). However, when my car is in Drive the orange indicator that shows which gear I am currently in does not display correctly. Instead of showing that I am in Drive, the orange indicator shows that I am in Neutral (the gear above Drive). The electronic dash display correctly displays which gear I am currently in.

Was wondering if anyone had ever experienced this and if anyone could offer a solution.

Thanks!

Just a stupid piece of plastic that can be accessed by carefully removing the thin plastic cover (that has the D 3 2 1 etc printed and through which you see the orange indicator). I used goop to restick mine.

Scott

nyc525iTe34
08-24-2005, 03:19 PM
thanks scott. I knew there had to be some simple fix.

Scott C
08-24-2005, 09:17 PM
thanks scott. I knew there had to be some simple fix.

Is it fixed? ;)
Scott