PDA

View Full Version : Problem/question with Remote

Sweetwater
08-24-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks to DaCan23 for the batteries!

Of course it didn't work, when I opened the case to replace the battery, a piece fell out and does not have an obvious home in the case.

It's a rectangular chip with the part number? on the back - BH428 3121A - the other side consists of 8 brass contact points and a raised black plastic pad? It's a small piece (of course) about 1X2 cm.

If anyone can tell me where it goes or post a pic of your remote, maybe I'll get it to work again.

Thanks

brodee
08-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Of course it didn't work, when I opened the case to replace the battery, a piece fell out and does not have an obvious home in the case.

It's a rectangular chip with the part number? on the back - BH428 3121A - the other side consists of 8 brass contact points and a raised black plastic pad? It's a small piece (of course) about 1X2 cm.

If anyone can tell me where it goes or post a pic of your remote, maybe I'll get it to work again.

Thanks

That is the frequency chip for the remote. There is a socket in there that it plugs into at about a 30 degree angle to the board and then you snap it down parallel to the board.

From Qsilver7's site -

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/739000-739999/739005_24_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/739000-739999/739005_25_full.jpg

Sweetwater
08-24-2005, 12:57 PM
I have a working remote!

And sheepishly, it appears that that chip had fallen out of it's socket all along.

I just have to hand out compliments again for this site and the participants. It's a fine group of folks and I hope I can make an occasional contribution. I'll be happy to buy you a soda....

Thank you!

uscharalph
08-24-2005, 01:02 PM
I have a working remote!

And sheepishly, it appears that that chip had fallen out of it's socket all along.

I just have to hand out compliments again for this site and the participants. It's a fine group of folks and I hope I can make an occasional contribution. I'll be happy to buy you a soda....

Thank you!
Congrats on fixing your remote. I get a real charge every time I can get something that didn't used to work to function again.

brodee
08-24-2005, 01:11 PM

Thank you!

Glad it works for you now. Shoot your thanks over to Qsilver7, he posted that back when I was having issues with mine.

DaCan23
08-24-2005, 01:14 PM
LOL, glad you got the batteries... well now you have spares or if you get a second remote and need a battery.

Yeah I drop my keys so often I knock out the chip twice a year. Though I am tryin to be more careful w/ my new shinny key chains...

Qsilver7
08-24-2005, 04:06 PM
I have a working remote!

Thank you!
Cool, I'm glad you got it working ... hopefully the pics Brodee posted helped "paint the picture" for you. :D