PDA

View Full Version : OT - new Transporter 2 features audi, not BMW!

nuwde
08-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Just saw a preview for this movie. I think he's driving an A8. No more BMW 7. I think I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.

Kalevera
08-24-2005, 12:08 AM
Just saw a preview for this movie. I think he's driving an A8. No more BMW 7. I think I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.
Think I'll wait until it comes out on DivX :)

I mean...the first one was rather ridiculous to begin with...fancy driving aside, the jump scene from the bridge onto the car carrier should've done damage to the front end of the car (not to mention the removal of the stone railing on that bridge). The next frame shows the car jumping OVER the railing....oops.

Oh yeah, and when mr. mcfastdriver does his fancy shooting and the car "slides" off of the car carrier -- notice the flying shards of taillight glass? Yeah...then there were no broken lights.

Sophomoric movie, at best. Ronin is so much better...and you get the A8, M5 and 450SEL 6.9. Plus, Big Bad Bobby's presence in the flick makes it 100% cooler, and the frenchy dude is an extra bonus in sweet points.

best, whit

genphreak
08-24-2005, 12:26 AM
Think I'll wait until it comes out on DivX :)
Ronin is so much better...and you get the A8, M5 and 450SEL 6.9. Plus, Big Bad Bobby's presence in the flick makes it 100% cooler, and the frenchy dude is an extra bonus in sweet points. best, whit
Yea I second that Whit, good roundup for the n00bs there. My problem is teh Ronin DivX seem all to be in French... :( GP

ryan roopnarine
08-24-2005, 07:53 AM
i asked myself when i saw the commercial: "why the hell are they making a second one of these." it doesn't matter that ronin only has a "superficial" plot....i think roger ebert said it best "what exactly is in the case in Ronin? perhaps its the same case from Pulp Fiction, we'll never know." ronin was so much better.

Brian C.
08-24-2005, 08:37 AM
.....especially since it was filmed here in Miami. We love it soooo much here when film companies decide that this place is film maker's heaven and then procede to close down our Interstate Highways and bridges for days on end to do the "action-stunt" type shots. Blowing up cars, chases and crashes are all fun, unless you're waiting an extra hour or two in gridlock.

It looks to be a decent film, and the city and the beach look nice though.
:D

Brian C.