PDA

View Full Version : HI I am back with new problem for 525i 3/1993

dartgen
08-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Hello,

how is everyone doing? thank for your help to last post i send. I have took care of overheat problem and now car is runing fine, except for three more problem. I appreciate any helps or advices.

1. everytime i drive the car between 45 mph to 50 mph, the car vibrate or shake. it will vibrate if hit the 45mph until its leave the 50mph , it will also does vice versus, when car slow to 50, it vibrate until it leave 45 mph . I am hoping is just a alignment or balance adjustment. Do you know which is which? Or do you think is something else.

2. a funny gauge, the rest of my gauge is working. it show my speed, my car revolution and temperature of car. however, my gas gauge won't show me how much in my tank? it will be empty until i start the car then the needle jump to middle of gauge stating that is half full. But i get a feeling that this is not true because I add a 10$ gas and needle still remain in middle. (by the way, gas is a murder today is it?) any advice, i saw a loose cut wire underneath (near by door) driver's wheel.

3. last and not least, my a/c fan doesn't work, it doesn't spin.

all in all, i think i can solve most of problem, but i am still waiting for my bentley manual.

thank you for your time and help.
PS: i will be search other post for problem similar to mine and see if i can solve it.

632 Regal
08-23-2005, 08:23 PM
#1. You need a complete front inspection to see whats n need of replacing, any looseness in any front end part can cause a bad shimmy...along with off balance/out of round tires.

#3. Search the word sword here. Its a fan control switch, also check all your fuses for this and #2.

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-23-2005, 08:34 PM
You can test the function of the guages by pushing the rest button and truning the key to on.

They should all swing wildly scaring the crap out of you. wacth the fuel guage to see if it moves freely.

If the guage check out. You'll need a digital meter to test the sender for resistance at differant fuel levels. It could need cleaning or replacement