PDA

View Full Version : Are there only two headliner colors in the E34?

Adnan
08-23-2005, 05:39 PM
Hi,

Looking through the ETK reveals only two colors for the headliner - silbergrau and pergament, which I assume are silver-gray and parchment/tan. Is this correct? Does anyone have a different color, stock?

Thanks,
Adnan

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-23-2005, 05:43 PM
I think there are more colors

But I only have seen a few cars with

saggy tan or gray

dirty & saggy tan or gray

Shaun
08-23-2005, 07:07 PM
Hi,

Looking through the ETK reveals only two colors for the headliner - silbergrau and pergament, which I assume are silver-gray and parchment/tan. Is this correct? Does anyone have a different color, stock?

Thanks,
Adnan

The E34 M5's had schwarz headliners available as well (along with the pillar covers).

Kalevera
08-23-2005, 07:19 PM
There were a bunch of different colors. Specific to my case: early E34 cars with a "tan" interior have natur everything - parcel shelf, a/b/c pillar trims, you name it. Pergament showed up sometime around '92 in E34 cars. I believe it was in E32 cars in earlier years. I replaced my natur headliner with a pergament from Bret's '95 525iA parts car. There was a distinct difference in color when compared, even when accounting for fade.

Some may be BMW Individual, but I counted about 5 different colors last time I looked.

best, whit

JAlfredPrufrock
08-23-2005, 09:12 PM
Don't forget Anthracite. :devillook

HeadlinerExpress
09-09-2005, 07:16 PM
I'm new to your site, But i can Help answer your Headliner & Sunroof Questions: This is what i have done full time in Central florida for over 25 years. I service several BMW Dealerships and many Small Business that deal with BMW's.

Their is a Color chart listed on Ebay you might want to look at that will help you when choiseng colors right for your car. These are made in only the 1/8th inch as Original.

I'm open to any Questions you and your site may have.

I'm going to be out of town untill Sunday Evening , so if i dont respond right away.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7997829743&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Bill
Headliner Express
Oviedo,Fl
407 786-4090

Hi,

Thanks,
Adnan

Andryuha
09-09-2005, 07:45 PM
I'm new to your site, But i can Help answer your Headliner & Sunroof Questions: This is what i have done full time in Central florida for over 25 years. I service several BMW Dealerships and many Small Business that deal with BMW's.

Their is a Color chart listed on Ebay you might want to look at that will help you when choiseng colors right for your car. These are made in only the 1/8th inch as Original.

I'm open to any Questions you and your site may have.

I'm going to be out of town untill Sunday Evening , so if i dont respond right away.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7997829743&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Bill
Headliner Express
Oviedo,Fl
407 786-4090

Cool, Is that material pre-cut with sun roof hole and such? I always wanted to put a black headliner on my e34

HeadlinerExpress
09-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Cool, Is that material pre-cut with sun roof hole and such? I always wanted to put a black headliner on my e34

No, this is not precut, It comes 60 inches wide and is sold by the yard. I just had a Stock order of Anthracite shipped in BMW'S Factory ( Black )

You would have to remove your old material and install this your self and cut all the holes.

Let me know how i can help. Bill

HeadlinerExpress
09-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Here are the Pictures of the Colors offered in the USA. All are the 1/8th inch as Original .I just had a New Stock Order Arrive and have all the Colors Posted in Stock.....Let me know how i can help.

Bill

Jeff N.
09-11-2005, 05:03 PM
...enough material to do an E34 headliner?

You may wish to post your contact info as I suspect many folks would like to be able to order the material.

thx

HeadlinerExpress
09-11-2005, 07:32 PM
...enough material to do an E34 headliner?

You may wish to post your contact info as I suspect many folks would like to be able to order the material.

thx

Check out my Listings at:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7997829895&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Don McAdams
09-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Here are the Pictures of the Colors offered in the USA. All are the 1/8th inch as Original .I just had a New Stock Order Arrive and have all the Colors Posted in Stock.....Let me know how i can help.

Bill

EXCELLENT Bill!! You found Bimmer.Info :) Guys, I have my headliner material on order through Bill & can vouch he is a stand up guy. While e-mailing Bill questions about the E34 headliner(s) a month ago, he picked up the phone & took the time to call me to be of better help. Even offered to put together a group headliner install in the Central FL area for us- Also the fact that he does all the dealer work in the Central FL area means a lot- An "expert" for all our questions!

Welcome Bill!! Can't wait to get mine installed!! :D

ryan roopnarine
09-12-2005, 06:37 AM
i have to ask the question of the headliner man....
as you live in c-fl as do i, would you recommend putting anthracite into a car that was not originally equipped with such? i have a black-black interior...would that make the heat unbearable?

HeadlinerExpress
09-12-2005, 04:09 PM
i have to ask the question of the headliner man....
as you live in c-fl as do i, would you recommend putting anthracite into a car that was not originally equipped with such? i have a black-black interior...would that make the heat unbearable?

The only reason that the Heat is Unbearable has nothing to do with the color of the Interior or the Headliner.

The heat problem can be solved by purchasing Acrylic Vent Shades that install with a 3m Adhesive mounted to your door frames just above your windows.

As long as you get into the habbit of keeping your windows cracked about a half of a inch to get a cross flow of ventalation ( All the Time ) Your Vent Shades will help keep your Temps lower inside of the car and act as a Rain deterant at the same time.

This would be the best way to get rid of the heat.

As for changing your cloth to a different color is OK, Some cars would require to use a spray dye on the Grab Handles or any other Plastic parts that might look out of place.

I would recommend using SEMS Dye, It has a flex agent in it and allows it to expand & Contract with the heat and cold. Also it cost about only 12-15 bucks a can and Does not look like Paint because its Not its a Dye, looks just like factory.

In the resent past at Landrover of Orlando I have had several Customers change their headliner Material from the Factory Beige to of all things Anthracite, keeping their Grabhandles,Visors and other plastic parts Beige. That seams to be something others are doing. I would think if you had a Black Interior with a Gray Headliner and you changed it to Anthracite it would look Great.

One other thing to keep in mind, yes i can go on and on, but its Great Information for everone to consider.

By using Darker colors to replace your Original Lighter Beige or Gray the Darker Color is going to give you the feeling that your car is Smaller because its Darker.

Lighter colors actualy Allow Light into your car and it will feel larger in the interior than what it really is.

One more thing then i'll close this Email, When it comes time to sell your BMW or any other European car, your likly to have another Buyer that already has a BMW in their family most likly would not be a primary driven car but a 2nd driver.

At the point of sale you would get a Higher Return for your investment in your BMW Interior were to be the Original Lighter Color ( Brings More light ) Better to see the Seats,Wood Dash,Radio mostly being Original is the most important issue amoung using the propper thickness which is the 1/8th.

I'm telling you what my Customers have told me over the past 25 years, In my business if you dont listen to your customers needs, your out of Business.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any additional Questions.

I'll be out of town on Thursday & Friday ( 15 & 16th ) Just for the record.

Bill Stauffer
Headliner Express
Oviedo,Fl
407 786-4090

Mogmedia@earthlink.net

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-12-2005, 10:49 PM
This guy just raised his Ebay prices..

Cause he just got a bunch of nibbles from us BMW owners

Cha Ching!

uscharalph
09-12-2005, 11:12 PM

Cha Ching!
What'd he go up $50.00?

HeadlinerExpress
09-13-2005, 04:53 AM

Cha Ching!

Yes i did raise my prices, If you would also take notice i raised all my prices including Volvo,Saab,Jaguar,Landrover.

The cost of Doing Business has increased do to the Economy, Extra Fuel Cost as well Plus this Materail including all the other Top Grade Materail cost are going up and harder to find.

When my resorces dry up for me to run my Business Full Time the Cost of Materail for sale on the internet goes up to as well.

I'm not cashing in on Newbies.

I'm sorry you feel this is directed at the BMW Group.

This is Business,.

Bill Stauffer
Headliner Express

uscharalph
09-13-2005, 09:07 AM
Yes i did raise my prices, If you would also take notice i raised all my prices including Volvo,Saab,Jaguar,Landrover.

The cost of Doing Business has increased do to the Economy, Extra Fuel Cost as well Plus this Materail including all the other Top Grade Materail cost are going up and harder to find.

When my resorces dry up for me to run my Business Full Time the Cost of Materail for sale on the internet goes up to as well.

I'm not cashing in on Newbies.

I'm sorry you feel this is directed at the BMW Group.

This is Business,.

Bill Stauffer
Headliner Express
Touchy! I personally wouldn't even have replied. I'm sure you'll get plenty of business from this forum. At least until they find the same (Or better) quality at a better price.