PDA

View Full Version : Bimmer Info Window Stickers POLL

pyro
08-22-2005, 11:31 PM
Here it is vote and when its over we will have a winner sounds fair to me if anyone objects let me know Ill change whatever needs to be changed.

Gayle
08-22-2005, 11:34 PM
hmmm

could you add buttons and choices...

or am I just blind?

pyro
08-22-2005, 11:35 PM
im working on it as you speak
im uploading all of the pictures now...

pyro
08-23-2005, 12:03 AM
Option 1
http://www.bimmer.info/logobimmer3.gif
Option 2
http://home.comcast.net/~spitfire84/pauls.gif
Option 3
http://home.comcast.net/~spitfire84/noshadow.jpg
With normal text just don't have time to fix it (if it wins I will)

pyro
08-23-2005, 12:03 AM
Option 4
http://home.comcast.net/~spitfire84/nicks.jpg
Option 5
http://home.comcast.net/~spitfire84/Mcwatters.jpg
Option 6
http://home.comcast.net/~spitfire84/dukes.jpg

pyro
08-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Option 7
http://home.comcast.net/~spitfire84/sticker/pyro.jpg
Option 8
http://home.comcast.net/~spitfire84/big_kriss.jpg
Option 9
http://home.comcast.net/~spitfire84/genphreak.jpg

genphreak
08-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Options 1,2,3,6&7 require screen printing. Anyone got a cost on it before we decide on anything? How much are they in small numbers and who pays for them, packages them, posts em, takes money from the rest of us and how...

We need costs on each option detailed on the side and volunteers on distributing them. :) GP

pyro
08-23-2005, 12:30 AM
we could do all of those accept possibly #1 in gray scale. just a idea if no one was willing to pay

Omega
08-23-2005, 01:41 AM
Much prefer option 2 as the font is much easier to read. How about producing something similar (without the drop shadow) using verdana/arial black with the BMW roundel and printing on transparent backing? Could look classy.

Paul in NZ
08-23-2005, 02:53 AM
Much prefer option 2 as the font is much easier to read. How about producing something similar (without the drop shadow) using verdana/arial black with the BMW roundel and printing on transparent backing? Could look classy.

isnt that option three???(except on clear)

632 Regal
08-23-2005, 03:55 AM
LOL....and the winners are...

genphreak
08-23-2005, 03:59 AM
Why have a roundel on the sticker when there is a big phat factory one on the back of the car? Remember how all those peeps w E21 7 series, E24 6 Series and other early models used to relocate their roundels when they stuck on a rubber spoiler (over the kinky boot roundel)? I think at the time the idea was to keep the tail of the car on the road by weighing it down (literally with rubber...) instead of air pressure. Thing is, the relocated roundel (normally between the number plate and rear lamp cluster) often accompanied bright painted roundels on the mud flaps and elsewhere. I guess this was when it was classy to drive a bimmer and some peeps were keen to tell everyone they were doing just that.

I remember these well and they made the car (and its owner) look cheap and shitty.

Anyway, the point is, it might look nice on a webpage (it does), but a(nother) roundel on the window won't do a car much justice. There is no way I'm putting any more roundels than it came with on my bimmer, the factory one is more than enough. :) GP

Gayle
08-23-2005, 07:52 AM
Why have a roundel on the sticker when there is a big phat factory one on the back of the car? Remember how all those peeps w E21 7 series, E24 6 Series and other early models used to relocate their roundels when they stuck on a rubber spoiler (over the kinky boot roundel)? I think at the time the idea was to keep the tail of the car on the road by weighing it down (literally with rubber...) instead of air pressure. Thing is, the relocated roundel (normally between the number plate and rear lamp cluster) often accompanied bright painted roundels on the mud flaps and elsewhere. I guess this was when it was classy to drive a bimmer and some peeps were keen to tell everyone they were doing just that.

I remember these well and they made the car (and its owner) look cheap and shitty.

Anyway, the point is, it might look nice on a webpage (it does), but a(nother) roundel on the window won't do a car much justice. There is no way I'm putting any more roundels than it came with on my bimmer, the factory one is more than enough. :) GP

Yeah--Back in the discussion thread the idea was to have one like paul's without the shadow and without the rondell. That is what I was envisioning when I proposed the nine choices. It just didn't get to print. Pyro--can you edit that choice to say without rondell?

Gayle
08-23-2005, 08:23 AM
LOL....and the winners are...

That is why I proposed a run off of the top two or three after about a 10 days.

I think people who initially vote for a choice that doesn't pull many votes should still have a voice in selection. If not, there may not be a lot of enthusiam for the winner.

This should be like the primaries.

Omega
08-23-2005, 09:42 AM
isnt that option three???(except on clear)

No, it most certainly isn't! The font on option 3 is awful (sorry).

But yes, on reflection it is like option 3 as well. :p

All I meant was I really like option 2/3 but would prefer it to be printed on transparent film. A 3d shadow effect doesn't really work on transparent film and as stated the font in option 3 isn't that readable. Arial Black or Verdana are easier on the eye.

Jay 535i
08-23-2005, 09:49 AM
I hate to nitpick, but...

Shouldn't the needle be at the redline, instead of deep into it?

1995 525i
08-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Yeah--Back in the discussion thread the idea was to have one like paul's without the shadow and without the rondell. That is what I was envisioning when I proposed the nine choices. It just didn't get to print. Pyro--can you edit that choice to say without rondell?
Could we make them small enough so I can put it smaller pane of by rear doors?
Perhaps have several sizes?

pyro
08-23-2005, 11:47 AM
option 2 looks funk because i quickly eraced the shadow. we would obiously re-do most of the images as they were all quick.

genphreak
08-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Could we make them small enough so I can put it smaller pane of by rear doors?
Perhaps have several sizes?Yep... I suggested several sizes back in the orginal thread. a 6", a 15" and a 150".

Also, some peeps are asking about clear backings: beware they go yellow in the sun and are hard to look through. Coloured backings don't work on windows nicely.

Vinyl is sharp and professsional-looking... just like the bimmer.info community!

:) GP

1995 525i
08-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Yep... I suggested several sizes back in the orginal thread. a 6", a 15" and a 150".

Also, some peeps are asking about clear backings: beware they go yellow in the sun and are hard to look through. Coloured backings don't work on windows nicely.

Vinyl is sharp and professsional-looking... just like the bimmer.info community!

:) GP
I have tinted windows so I think the sitkcer would look great.

genphreak
08-23-2005, 09:56 PM
I have tinted windows so I think the sticker would look great.Agreed. My approach is more minimalist as I find thick lettering too loud. I have no wish for Police to pull me over to try and defect my new stick-on, fake blow-off valve because they thought my window sticker looked like some Rice-boy's G-Reddy sticker...

If you look at oem window writing (ie Audi procon-ten, Volvo and others also do it to advertise safety features), thin is king and lets us get away with it stylishly. :) GP

Omega
08-24-2005, 01:43 AM

Sun? Please explain, I live in the UK.

Is this the great ball of fire that we see in the sky once in a while? The one that makes us stop our work in the fields, drop our scythes and run for cover because the sky is falling down?

If it is, I dont think yellowing is a big problem for us. :D

Paul in NZ
08-24-2005, 04:06 AM
if 2 or 3 do win you could always cut the roundel of....or have another poll.... with and without roundel....

Gayle
08-24-2005, 09:12 PM
if 2 or 3 do win you could always cut the roundel of....or have another poll.... with and without roundel....

Great idea.

liquidtiger720
08-24-2005, 10:22 PM
I'm down with whatever you guys pick. I'll just cut around it all and stick the "bimmer.info" on, hehehe. Just hope somebody has a cheap way to produce these...im very low on $$ from all the recent mods.

stx133
08-24-2005, 11:06 PM
love the logo, the colored tacho incites a feeling of performance orientation

Omega
08-25-2005, 02:40 AM

Building on this how about another option? No roundel and no text?

See below for an example...

Sorry, someone had to mention it... :D

Gayle
08-25-2005, 09:29 PM
Does the fact that only 34 people have voted mean that only 34 people are interested in stickers?

Since about 150 people posted to the "how old are you" thread, I thought that was about how many people are active on the board in roughly a month time span. I guess it hasn't been going that long, but I am surprised at the number of votes.

In other polls I have seen on here, you could click to see how people voted. Not this one :( Where is the fun in that? Can't hassle people about their lack of taste.

pyro
08-26-2005, 12:49 AM
EVERYONE VOTE haha :p

Bill R.
08-26-2005, 07:31 AM
stickers, hence the lack of interest....I can't speak for why more newbies didn't vote though.

Does the fact that only 34 people have voted mean that only 34 people are interested in stickers?

Since about 150 people posted to the "how old are you" thread, I thought that was about how many people are active on the board in roughly a month time span. I guess it hasn't been going that long, but I am surprised at the number of votes.

In other polls I have seen on here, you could click to see how people voted. Not this one :( Where is the fun in that? Can't hassle people about their lack of taste.

632 Regal
08-26-2005, 07:53 AM
I vote for Winfred.

Gayle
08-26-2005, 08:21 AM
I vote for Winfred.

Was Winfred's the video-based one that had large rapidly moving parts and a variety of things flying through the air striking cars, bathroom walls, etc??? Yeah that was a good one.

McWatters
08-28-2005, 09:55 AM
The reason no one is voting is because this is all the way in page 3 of the forums.. if we keep posting well booter back up to 1st page.

and i deffinately like 2and 3 , and if u didnt like the emblem just cut it off.

Cheers.

J.McWatters

winfred
08-28-2005, 10:09 AM
how bout a small screen showing something like this in the window
http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/asskick.gif

632 Regal
08-28-2005, 10:59 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fd/Butters_South_Park.jpg

winfred
08-28-2005, 11:07 AM
drat foiled (http://www.ehowa.com/features/foiledcar.shtml) again

Gayle
08-28-2005, 11:45 AM
how bout a small screen showing something like this in the window
http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/asskick.gif

Ha Ha Winfred.

That is exactly what I imagined you would design.

Maye with a tag line that says:

bimer.info whoops ass

winfred
08-28-2005, 11:48 AM
i have the equipment/software to do it but not the time to do/learn anything that cool yet, i can edit gif's pretty easyly, i can't remember where i found that one, i usually grab stuff like that when i see it for future use and tinkering but lately i haven't had time

Ha Ha Winfred.

That is exactly what I imagined you would design.

Maye with a tag line that says:

bimer.info whoops ass

McWatters
08-28-2005, 09:36 PM
Yea that sounds like a good idea, but only if u get time, no great need for it.

How long is this poll lasting?

Cheers

J.McWatters

pyro
08-28-2005, 09:43 PM
bump

pyro
08-28-2005, 09:43 PM
no one likes mine :( oh well

infinity5
08-28-2005, 10:07 PM
I think option 7 is by far the best. maybe option one. Like previously mentioned, another roundel would be silly, and i think something as simple as JUST bimmer.info, not matter the style, would be boring. I really like the idea of a little red-lined tachomter next to the name, to give it some character. Maybe a nice simplified front/rear view of the car?

pyro
08-28-2005, 10:14 PM
:D Thanks :D

632 Regal
08-28-2005, 10:40 PM
this pole is about to be curled I think

4 days.

Gayle
08-29-2005, 07:48 PM
Looks like Paul with the help of his brother Paul is making a strong break for the lead.

632 Regal
08-29-2005, 08:15 PM
their runnin with it!

pyro
08-30-2005, 11:59 PM
ehhh bump

pyro
09-03-2005, 12:57 AM
well i was browsing the forum and found this on the 4th page... if any one cares WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

McWatters
09-03-2005, 01:22 AM
Yea tis true sad to see it flaoted to page 4, Pauls has deffinately won

but i do seem to remeber people were already placing orders with other people im quite confused

cheers

J.McWatters

Gayle
09-03-2005, 01:40 AM
Yea tis true sad to see it flaoted to page 4, Pauls has deffinately won

but i do seem to remeber people were already placing orders with other people im quite confused

cheers

J.McWatters

Paul's submission is the official winner. We now need to figure out a way to get some printed. Probably an official order placing.

Then there are those of us who just can't fall into lockstep with the majority wishes. Ever heard the expression --hearding cats? So there are some of us who are going to go with Genphreaks version.

As you are candian this make not make any sense to you but it is like the official rose bowl parade and the unofficial do da parade.