PDA

View Full Version : m50 cant hold its fluids

pyro
08-22-2005, 06:25 PM
Well as most of you know i got my car running finally. And my only problem now is the car cant hold its fluids. i think the radiator has a hole in the top. Ill attach a picture of the deposits its leaving. I know theres a hole because the pressure never gets up when ever i go to take off the cap no air comes out at all. and i can see little green in the bleeder screw center. And then theres the motor. it don't leek that much oil but i don't know how to find out where its leeking from. I think I'm going to clean the bottom of it and see were it comes from. The transmission needs a new oil pan gasket. That i know how to fix. And lastly the PS leeks. I'm pretty sure its that because below the canister its all oily. so ether a lose hose underneath or some other problem im not awair of yet. so I'm not sure on what to do there because at this point the car hasn't been well kept under the hood. (fluids have been put in but leeks not stopped) So I'm trying to do it a favor and fix some of these leeks.

632 Regal
08-22-2005, 07:33 PM
do one at a time, take the time to do a careful job so you are DONE with it. The radiator looks like if it isnt the hose it could be ready to puke the hose inlet (budget in a new rad). Sounds like its overwhelming but the one at a time approach will prevail.

Good luck.

pyro
08-22-2005, 09:41 PM
for sure. my main concern is the motor oil leaking everywhere. I don't know if its valve cover gasket or oil pan gasket or rear main seals or... who knows. I'm leaning towards valve cover gasket because when i first ran it i had alot of smoke off of the headers. but oil isn't only on one side. How much does a radiator usually run people. Can it be repaired at a shop? its the gasket between the aluminum part and the plastic part.

632 Regal
08-22-2005, 09:44 PM
no quick fix for it as its old plastic.

as for the motor oil, as I said one at a time, narrows down the field.

for sure. my main concern is the motor oil leaking everywhere. I don't know if its valve cover gasket or oil pan gasket or rear main seals or... who knows. I'm leaning towards valve cover gasket because when i first ran it i had alot of smoke off of the headers. but oil isn't only on one side. How much does a radiator usually run people. Can it be repaired at a shop? its the gasket between the aluminum part and the plastic part.

pyro
09-03-2005, 01:13 AM
Well I figured out that the bleeder screw was buggerd up so i orderd one from bma and got it tonight ill install it tomrow and let you guys know how it goes.

Karl
09-03-2005, 05:25 AM
Once you get the new bleeder in, use a cooling system tester to pressurize the radiator and see if coolant comes out any place else.

pyro
09-04-2005, 01:13 AM
WOW!! so simple I cant bieleve I dind't think of that before...

pyro
09-04-2005, 01:14 AM
hey, karl my name is karl and its spelt with a k not a c... Thought that was pritty cool.