PDA

View Full Version : electric seat reliability

karl1171
08-22-2005, 02:13 PM
About a year ago i obtained some electric leather recaros and put them in my 520.

For some time I've been looking to move to a 525. When I do I'm wondering if its worthwhile moving the seats, as they are 17 years old, and i dont really want to end up spending out on replacement motors: I'm sure they cant be readily available secondhand.

As it stands only one motor doesn't work - the passenger front squab. This has been the case sice I got them.

Is it likely any motors will fail?

uscharalph
08-22-2005, 02:51 PM
About a year ago i obtained some electric leather recaros and put them in my 520.

For some time I've been looking to move to a 525. When I do I'm wondering if its worthwhile moving the seats, as they are 17 years old, and i dont really want to end up spending out on replacement motors: I'm sure they cant be readily available secondhand.

As it stands only one motor doesn't work - the passenger front squab. This has been the case sice I got them.

Is it likely any motors will fail?
I really like my 525 leather seats. I just need to recover the driver's seat bottom.

ukm5
08-22-2005, 03:07 PM
the motors are generally reliable, i havent replaced any yet or heard of them failing, its the interconnecting drive cables that fail all the time, they are nightmare