PDA

View Full Version : ::.. Lights and Mirrors...

Qube
08-21-2005, 10:28 PM
1. Are the mirrors supposed to be fully painted, or was this perhaps done afterwards?

2. Do your lights have such a pronounced halo look until it's fully dark? Especially the non-HID fogs...

McWatters
08-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Fully painted, well mine are fully painted, and no i dont get the halo effect that you are talkin about

Where bouts in Ontario are u located, just wondering. I live just above Toronto in Barrie.

Gayle
08-21-2005, 10:47 PM
That is the way my mirrors look too, but I remember seeking pics recently of someone who had put on mirrors from a newer model to update the look. Those were not all painted and joined the car in a different way. Can't remember who--was it you brodee?

uscharalph
08-22-2005, 01:01 AM
That is the way my mirrors look too, but I remember seeking pics recently of someone who had put on mirrors from a newer model to update the look. Those were not all painted and joined the car in a different way. Can't remember who--was it you brodee?
It was Brodee and I like them. Yeah my mirrors are the same. I'm thinking about painting part of mine black, like Brodee's.

Qube
08-22-2005, 09:25 AM
It's in one of these recent threads I saw one with white rounder mirrors and black 'stalk'. Let me see...

brodee
08-22-2005, 09:40 AM
ya, that was me. The '89-92 models have the mirrors like yours that are all painted. '93-'95 got the newer style mirrors where only the cap on the mirror is painted body color and the rest is black. They are a direct swap for the old ones.

Qube
08-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Hmmm one would think that fully painted mirrors were a luxury. Wonder why they went to the black stalks :|