PDA

View Full Version : Brake problems...

Anton CH.
08-20-2005, 07:34 PM
I just installed 4 piston brembo calipers, bled them. During the test drive (~1-2 miles) the brakes do not perform well. In fact they perform way worse, I can put the pedal to the floor without lockign up my tires. They do start to howl however. Also, when I making a left turn, the right wheel starts to make a funny clicking noise.

Kalevera
08-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Hi Anton....

On the clicking noise -- it's possible that the caliper isn't clearing the wheel. This could simply be an issue of the lugs not being torqued to spec.

Best way to check is pull the wheel and see. I wouldn't run very far with the noise, though -- easy way to destroy an expensive caliper :(

best, whit

Anton CH.
08-20-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey Whit,

Yeah, I definetly don't want to ruin my new calieprs. The Caliper seems to be clearing the wheel. I tourqed the calipers to 100nm per Benteley (they requeest 110 but that is ridiculous in my book) and lug nuts to 90nm.

I am going to rebleed the brakes tomorrow see if that helps with the spungy problem. I drove for 5 more miles and it seems that they weren't mating properly, now I can barely lock the tires up if I push the pedal to the floor. Could the calipers be leaking fluid? As something tells me that the calipers been sitting for over 2 years.

--Anton

Paul in NZ
08-21-2005, 03:19 AM
might need to rebuild the calipers.....pistons have seized????Are the brakes &^%$# hot when you stop????