PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my brakes

Dan-ny-m398
08-19-2005, 09:22 PM
I took my brakes apart last week when I was lowering my car, after I put everthing back together I took it for a test drive and I noticed that my front brakes were sticking , since It makes a weird noise when I drive about 20mph, also after a few blocks the front brakes are really hot, also I get the yellow Anti lock light(after the car moves not right after I start it), anyways I bled both brakes, I bought a set of used calipers from ebay, and I still have the same probles, well any Ideas would be highly appreciated, since my car is been sitting for over a week already.

thank you

Kalevera
08-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Dan...

I think we talked about this last week.

People commonly stand the front struthousings on their ends when taking them apart to replace struts/springs. This <usually> does significant damage to the dust shield, which can bend towards the rotor itself (creating a scraping sound and cutting a ridge in the rotor) or out towards the lower control arm (creates a tweeting sound when going over bumps as the shield comes into contact with the ball joint side of the arm).

There shouldn'tve been any need to take the brakes apart to replace the suspension; beyond hanging the calipers from a sturdy wire.

best, whit

TheDuke
08-20-2005, 01:12 PM
I agree with lowell, btw I got mine fixed, I took some adjusting but it works great now.

Kalevera
08-20-2005, 05:28 PM
:D

Congrats, mate.

best, whit

Dan-ny-m398
08-21-2005, 06:39 PM
ok is defenetly NOT the heat shield, I tryed bleeding the brakes again , and now it pulls to the left when brake, I read somewher that you could get air in the abs system (I think I did just that) anyways if anyone has any Ideas on how I could fix that, it would be nice , or I will have to go to the stealer.

Kalevera
08-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Dan....Take it to a good indie and have them stick a pressure bleeder on it.

best, whit