PDA

View Full Version : BImmer Info Window Stickers

1995 525i
08-19-2005, 09:47 AM
Are there Bimmer.info window stickers available? I'd buy one if it wasn't tacky. Be nice to see others who are also members.

Anyone else?

bimmerd00d
08-19-2005, 10:47 AM
I forgot about these, Ed is there any chance we can get another run of these made?

DaCan23
08-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Ya know what, way back when, 1st Board version I think, I sent a check to someone for a sticker, dont know who handled it then, and never got one, don't know if the check was ever cashed.

dacoyote
08-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Are there Bimmer.info window stickers available? I'd buy one if it wasn't tacky. Be nice to see others who are also members.

Anyone else?

I would get stickers also... stick like 20 on my van...

-Charles

pyro
08-19-2005, 12:20 PM
what did the old ones look like?

Bill R.
08-19-2005, 12:26 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/logobimmer3.gif
what did the old ones look like?

pyro
08-19-2005, 12:30 PM
thats sick was it one of those ones that are vinal and when u peel it its like 10 stickers. i don't kno what its calld but i have a edge motorworks one like that.

632 Regal
08-19-2005, 12:35 PM
i can cut some from white vinyl

just

BIMMER.INFO

or something, kinda like the small one that I put on kris's decal.

pyro
08-19-2005, 02:16 PM
ill buy one...

TheDuke
08-19-2005, 02:39 PM
How about we post our ideas of stickers. Vote, pick the best one, then go to a photo printing place and tell them to print them on a clear sticky laminate.

1995 525i
08-19-2005, 03:19 PM
How about we post our ideas of stickers. Vote, pick the best one, then go to a photo printing place and tell them to print them on a clear sticky laminate.
I agree. I vote for black lettering on clear laminate.

632 Regal
08-19-2005, 03:54 PM
what are you gonna read with black lettering on clear??

632 Regal
08-19-2005, 03:56 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?postid=79210&highlight=decal#post79210

TheDuke
08-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Yeah the letters should be white. But we don't need the Kriss part lol. Got few ideas in my head, I need to clear them up. Few shots should help. hahaha

TheDuke
08-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Her's a quick draft before I pass out...http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/TheDuke/bimmer.jpg

632 Regal
08-19-2005, 04:36 PM
can you redrew that same idea in an hour for us to guess what the shots were?

TheDuke
08-19-2005, 04:46 PM
Ok, but I want to underline that my artistic side right now is under a heavy influence of alcohol. I assure you, it won't get any better in an hour. Actually in an hour you can only count on my abstract side. I'll try to describe what I was trying to portray. Ok here we go this masterpiece comes from the first half of the 21st century. It represents beloved by many BMW sign, and a tachometer going redline over it. As soon as I get sober I'll try to do it neatly or in photo shop. So everyone who’s art insensitive can see it...lol

Paul in NZ
08-19-2005, 04:54 PM
what about something like this
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/images/misc/logo.gif
maybe without the propellor and say about 2 inches high......black on clear would be nicer than black on white......

Kalevera
08-19-2005, 05:23 PM
maybe without the propellor and say about 2 inches high......black on clear would be nicer than black on white......
The drop shadow and slight embossment would detract from the INFO that passersby should glean from seeing it :)

Jeff -- I'll buy one, too. Fritz needs a sticker. Plus, it's GOTTA be worth...AT LEAST....20hp!

best, whit

Paul in NZ
08-19-2005, 05:36 PM
yeah i thought of that,maybe just black on clear or black on white without the shadow etc.....mine would go at the top of the windscreen and or top or bottom of the rear window

uscharalph
08-19-2005, 05:41 PM
I think this would look good! Keep the roundel.

TheDuke
08-19-2005, 05:47 PM
no apprishiationnn forr qarrt, goddamm. But I llike thtre idea. Isn't the rondell copyrighted??

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-19-2005, 05:52 PM
Why not just get a bunch of those huge metal logos like the lowriders have in their back window?

SharkmanBMW
08-19-2005, 06:57 PM
no apprishiationnn forr qarrt, goddamm. But I llike thtre idea. Isn't the rondell copyrighted??

who cares about copyright?!
half of ebay is infringing, I think we can print some stickers!

we should have 5 options to ponder over, and then take a vote.

Paul in NZ
08-19-2005, 07:28 PM
how can we be infringing copyright if we stick a bmw sticker on a bmw? :p

Bimmer Nut Ed
08-19-2005, 09:47 PM
I just got back from vacation.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you all remember but we orriginally had someone create Bimmer.info stickers, we sent him cash, I think I sent him $100 to cover his costs, and we never got any. That was a long time ago.

Then, the Tim C designed ones, we did make a batch just like the Bill R pic. I still have a link to a place where I sold some online, but I'm out of those stickers. Yes nice vinyl wet and stick, easy to remove non-adhesive.

I can print stickers, I do for Crappie.com, vinyl non-adhesive stickers just like the ones we used to have. So if you want a new design, lets submit some prototypes, or I could print some more up just like the ones we had.

pyro
08-20-2005, 12:55 AM
ill photoshop a idea i have real quick.

pyro
08-20-2005, 01:14 AM
https://home.comcast.net/~spitfire84/bimmerinfo.jpg

Nick.Hay
08-20-2005, 01:36 AM
ill photoshop a idea i have real quick.

Me too...
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/stnick/bimmerinfosticker.jpg
What about going something entirely different??

I like the latest crop of web address stickers, that are like above:

Sweet, easy to read, catchy font, made from silver or chrome vinyl... make them big enough to go in the bottom corner of the back window, between outer edge and 3rd brakelight??

Just a thought, as printed stickers tend to fade (especially red...)

Gayle
08-20-2005, 09:08 AM

I am in the minimalist camp. The fancier it gets, the tackier it gets IMO. Stickers remind me of old farts. I like Paul's suggestion best so far with Whit's clean up. I would put something like that on my car.

BobHarris
08-20-2005, 09:35 AM
I am in the minimalist camp. The fancier it gets, the tackier it gets IMO. Stickers remind me of old farts. I like Paul's suggestion best so far with Whit's clean up. I would put something like that on my car.

I am with you all the way on that. :)

All the best

Bob

liquidtiger720
08-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Keep it simple and clean...and I am in.

TheDuke
08-20-2005, 12:45 PM
yup for it, no colors or nothing fancy.

McWatters
08-20-2005, 01:17 PM
I dont mind that one pyro, altho Nick i think maybe u have text in urs like maybe just bmw enthusiasts would be enough, Just a thought :D
I think the Text form of the writing should be something really modern. however the plane and simple does seem right.

McWatters
08-20-2005, 01:21 PM
also i know this would probably cost a rediculous amount of money, but wouldnt it be cool to have our own emblem for the rear left of the car? just an idear. id pay for something like that.

BigKriss
08-20-2005, 01:22 PM
I love the decal, only downside that I see is that the decal will make the car more attractive to theives. Jeff aka Regal 632 supplied me with them, awesome.
http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/5517/pict0013small3ek.jpg

I still think bimmer.info is basically unheard of in australia. First thing a person asks is "who's BigKriss?", then they ask "what's bimmer.info? Is that your website?" I start laughing and I tell them what the deal is.

You would never get any BMW workshop telling you anything about this site. Maybe I'll get a few more bimmer.info decals in the future.

Qube
08-20-2005, 01:28 PM
The decal should be light silver OR be done like a window etching (frosted, inverted).

Simplier the better. Bimmer.info. Period. End of story.

Sleek. Sans serif font, easy to read.

BigKriss
08-20-2005, 01:45 PM
The decal should be light silver OR be done like a window etching (frosted, inverted).

Simplier the better. Bimmer.info. Period. End of story.

Sleek. Sans serif font, easy to read.

There's no hard or fast rules when we are talking about this stuff. What ever makes you happy, go for it.

Gayle
08-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Big Kriss,

I love your sticker for you and your car. Very individual and perfect. What I said about old farts definitely doesn't apply to that sticker or you.

I just think for a group thing, the simplier it is, the more it will work for everyone in the group.

This thread and your sticker got me wondering how you got the nickname of Big Kriss. Also why someone in a post referred to you as Big Kriss Baptist Boy--what was that about?

Qube
08-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Indeed... BigKriss logo is very individualistic. For the general populace though, a more 'sponsor-like' decal would work... which is what I was commenting on ;)

McWatters
08-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Any one familiar with the car mod club Darknights very popular in Canada. There logo is very simple and basic, like i said before about a modern text for the writing was thist

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/2088000-2088999/2088933_5_full.jpg

so basically imagin Bimmer.info in that text??

meh just a thought

BigKriss
08-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Big Kriss,

I love your sticker for you and your car. Very individual and perfect. What I said about old farts definitely doesn't apply to that sticker or you.

I just think for a group thing, the simplier it is, the more it will work for everyone in the group.

This thread and your sticker got me wondering how you got the nickname of Big Kriss. Also why someone in a post referred to you as Big Kriss Baptist Boy--what was that about?
Thanks for the kind words Gayle. It seems you have been contributing a lot recently, cool. I'm tall (182cm) but skinny around 145 pounds. So, it's an alter ego thing to be called "big". since my name is Kristian I put the 'ss' there to dick around. As for "Big Kriss Baptist Boy", that's just Martins way of joking around. I think it was a subtle joke, more than anything. I hope you enjoy the posts Gayle, they are all usefull.

Gayle
08-20-2005, 04:05 PM
It seems you have been contributing a lot recently, cool.

My turn to thank you for the kind words. "Contributing" sort of glorifies my posts as they are rather empty compared to what others have to share. But I am enjoying participating on this board tremendously. The funny things people say crack me up and I learn so much about my car. I really enjoy the interplay between people here and learning about people's lives all over the world. :)

SharkmanBMW
08-20-2005, 04:10 PM
My turn to thank you for the kind words. "Contributing" sort of glorifies my posts as they are rather empty compared to what others have to share. But I am enjoying participating on this board tremendously. The funny things people say crack me up and I learn so much about my car. I really enjoy the interplay between people here and learning about people's lives all over the world. :)

Gayle,
I really enjoyed your photo journey across the US.
I would love to see a link to a site full of those pics and more if you have that set up some day... Great scenery, with a beautiful bimmer adding class to each frame!

Gayle
08-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Sorry for the highjack of the thread

Kriss

I just reached centimeters to inches conversion and discovered we are also exactly the same size. 182 cm = 71.65 inches and 72 inches equals 6 ft

I am 6 ft tall and 145 pounds. I have .35 of an inch on you. Funny huh.

Sharkman

Thanks for the photo compliments. You have encourage me to do that. Tell me where I should post them. PM me so we end the highjack of this thread.

McWatters
08-20-2005, 05:01 PM
yea u really did steal this thread didnt you :D

stx133
08-22-2005, 12:36 AM
OK, decision made. get them done and send them out, i'll have 2

genphreak
08-22-2005, 09:26 AM
I like it simple. I made one like this a while back... white lettering- looks great on all glass, especially black tinted... ;)

If anyone shares my taste, I'd be happy to get a whole bunch made and send them out Internationally- it would work out at $20 USD each inc. airmail delivery or $45 for 3 for those that want a bimmer.discount...

Proceeds from the sale will goto the board, my calcs tell me I can afford to send 20% from each sale to our ed as I have kept the margin low.

They measure 350mm wide, delivery is 5-7 working days once its up and running. I might do a sunshade (full width) one too at some point if there's any interest.

First person to PM me an order gets the presses going... I can take CC via phone/fax, PayPal or dare I say it... bank transfer (to Australia). :) GP Or then again, Ed- I am happy to send u the template.

pyro
08-22-2005, 10:25 AM
What type of sticker are you using?

SharkmanBMW
08-22-2005, 10:36 AM
I know a guy who owns a sticker shop... these will cost about $5 in vinyl, any color you want.
no minimums.

Gayle
08-22-2005, 01:05 PM
They measure 350mm wide, delivery is 5-7 working days once its up and running. I might do a sunshade (full width) one too at some point if there's any interest.

Simple rules. I would whack off the second line on mine but I think it is good to do it the way you have shown. People who want more have it and people who want less can pull out the scizzors.

So we don't all have to do the calculation, 350mm = 1.15 feet. What is the depth?

genphreak
08-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Simple rules. I would whack off the second line on mine but I think it is good to do it the way you have shown. People who want more have it and people who want less can pull out the scizzors.

So we don't all have to do the calculation, 350mm = 1.15 feet. What is the depth? The text is about 35mm high (overall) so its slim enough not to go too high up the window.

In imperial that's 12.5"W by 1.5"H

btw; If anyone wants to do get them made and pack and post everywhere I am all for it. However only if the board (Ed) gets something from it otherwise we're just leeching.

I pay a bit of post getting them out, and my time is not factored. AFAIAC all the profit goes to the board. Once you add P&P, something for the board it gets up to $15-20. That's the only way I am prepared to do it myself_ but I'm more than happy if someone else wants to do it... :) great!

632 Regal
08-22-2005, 08:06 PM
just

"Bimmer.info"

clean, white, about an inch tall...for enthusiasts cause thats all that it would be good for...a common meeting ground for all of us. Too large is gaudy, too small and its invisable...just a clean addition to show we like our cars.

I could cut and mail these things for a few bux if I cut a few at a time.

Not to cut off Ed and his silk screened variety...Just offering something for all and boost our site.

Email me if anyones into the "bimmer.info" part like on Kris's car. Stick them on your forehead at swap meets.

Gayle
08-22-2005, 10:38 PM
A few bucks sounds better than 20. I would just rather send Ed the difference.

I think I would prefer black letters but whatever.

I don't know how to set up the vote buttons but I think it is time.

Here are the three details we need to vote on

1. Black or white

2. www.bimmer.info
bimmer.info with rondel
bimmer.info without rondel
www.bimmer.info performance oriented open community (2 lines)

3. font/style/design
1 former style
2 paul's
3 paul's without shadow
4 nick's
5 mcwatter's
6 duke's
7 pyro's
8 big kriss's (lower line only)
9 genphreak's

I suggest we vote for about 10 days on these three issues. Just go with majority rules on issues one and two. Then have a run off between the top three on issue 3.

I'm going to repost all the pics following this so we can look in one place. Oh moderator, could you set up a voting as a sticky? Put the pics with it?

After we have decided what we want, then lets figure out who should do it at what cost.

Gayle
08-22-2005, 10:40 PM
If these post in order

1. former
2 paul's
3. would one of you photoshop guru's give us pauls without the shadow

McWatters
08-22-2005, 10:42 PM
yea Gayle Id love number 3, that would be amazing. no shadow on that, yea just what we need, and keep the emblem.

Gayle
08-22-2005, 10:46 PM
4 nicks
5 mcwatters
6 dukes (sorry would upload for me--too big)

Gayle
08-22-2005, 10:49 PM
7 pyro
8 big kriss (lower line) sorry that one was too big too upload also
9 genphreak

McWatters
08-22-2005, 10:53 PM
just wanna make sure everyone knows that i dont think we should use the actually darknights, i just like the font

cheers

J.McWatters

stx133
08-22-2005, 10:54 PM
love the Tacho dial attach. the BMW logo may be copywright infringement, be careful.

Gayle
08-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Tried to crop big kriss and duke's to get them down to 39. To get dukes down to postable size had to crop away 75% Maybe someone else can do it and repost it to get it with the others.

pyro
08-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey ill setup a pole

EDIT: i have webspace if anyone wants to email me all of em ill post em all in one post... my email is taugher@gmail.com

pyro
08-22-2005, 11:27 PM
no shadow

pyro
08-23-2005, 12:12 AM
poll made
poll (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?p=87570#post87570)

rockyfeller
08-23-2005, 12:21 AM
I have a decal that sticks on the INSIDE of the glass from bavauto that I love. I love decals like that it looks good under the tint (understated) and has a sleek appearance from the exterior. Also stickers with individual letters are good. Rubbed on from a clear layer. (Better than a sticker with a white background...yuck!)

genphreak
08-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Some of these require printing not vinyl lettering. I don't know about you peeps, but before we vote on anything, the design should be worked out. I would suggest (due to quantities) that we go vinyl as there is less setup and besides people can do it themselves for those that don't want to buy them as I make available. I am not against that, just think its better if we all work on one really good design that everyone likes, will last and we all get to use it. I just put mine up to spark debate really. The way I see it it's something that needs to be done. Whatever happens, the design should be made public so everyone can get hold of it for whatever use (and update it)... :) GP

So; does anyone disagree?

1) Colour: White or Silver (to suit all cars, conservative but simplicity is required)
2) Vinyl type sticker with low level of intricacy (it becomes much more likely we'll wreck them in the process of sticking them on)
3) 2-3 sizes, say one 200mm wide (8"), one 350mm (14") and a windscreen version (roughly 1500mm (140")
4) If enough people want it we could do an additional tachometer emblem sticker- we all like it but it will be intricate in vinyl, so would have to be a decent size- say 4x6"

A vote is required- does voting on this forum work? :) GP