PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you see another e34 on the road?

nuwde
08-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Just wondering.

Jon K
08-18-2005, 11:37 PM
pee my pants

stx133
08-18-2005, 11:48 PM
stroke the command centre arm rest and smile :)

BigKriss
08-18-2005, 11:55 PM
look at it's mods and overall condition / upkeep of the vechile.

Gayle
08-18-2005, 11:56 PM
There are lots of them on the road in so cal. I look them over as we creep along in rush hour at 5 to 30 mph. Check out the general condition. Look for modifications. Form opinions about what I think looks good with what. Check out the driver--see if they seem to match the car. Look at license plate holder and where they bought it. Wonder if they are original owner. Wonder if they are as obsessed with theirs as I am mine.

liquidtiger720
08-19-2005, 12:06 AM
I look for mods, then...if none, I jet away.

digitaldragon03
08-19-2005, 12:12 AM
Look for mods. Look at the driver to see if he notices my car, if not then i just keep goin. I may give a thumbs up or somethin if the other person seems like a BMW enthusiast.

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-19-2005, 12:14 AM
Call my friends at DMV and get the address

Then go and strip the cars on weekends

Nick.Hay
08-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Most of the E34s around here aren't enthusiast owned, and if I had the money, I'd buy them all and give them the love and respect a car of this stature deserves!! (Geez.. Do I love E34s?? I dunno... kinda!!)

If I do see a well kept E34 with an enthusiast-owned appearance, I'll flip the headlights, give them a wave or an approving nod. Im surprised how many waves and nod I get from unknown BMW drivers too... Must like the ol' girl!! ;)

I saw a SEXY AS HELL E30 C2 Alpina yesterday, and stood near it for 15mins wainting for the owner. I chatted to her for about 45mins about all things 90's BMW, and offered for her to join the Tas owners group.

uscharalph
08-19-2005, 12:16 AM
I check out if they're treating the car as it should be. You can usually tell an enthusiast if they notice your car and give them a little nod.

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-19-2005, 12:24 AM
Zombies

I used to try a nod, smile or wave....

Then I noticed most of those guys (some women) are clueless.

In there mind, they are just driving a BMW car.

Ha...These are the suckers who end up selling them for $2500 when the idle valve gets dirty.

stx133
08-19-2005, 01:00 AM
We should get a bumper sticker or some other sign of identification going so we can all acknowledge each other on the road and get that warm fuzzy feeling....

stx133
08-19-2005, 01:02 AM
Thanks to them and their 'stealer' servicing, we get to pick up beautifully engineered machines that are maintained well to ride around in while the rest of the 'zombies' drive Falcon's commmodores, camrys, magnas,,,,,

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-19-2005, 01:03 AM
that dot that Hindus have between the eyes. But it's a BMW roundel.

P.S.

It that a trailer hitch?

mattyb
08-19-2005, 01:39 AM
although there are alot in sydney not a lot of them are good ones. i likwe to see mods and options and them look at mine and u know theyre thinking ah 540 very nice. then when theyre looking i pick up my longneck of melbourne bitter and skull.

Zeuk in Oz
08-19-2005, 01:49 AM
Should we all learn morse code to flash "HI" with our headlights ? :D
Easier than secret handshakes !

beamerman5
08-19-2005, 01:56 AM
i like the bumper sticker idea..we should all get bimmer.info bumper stickers...hhahahaha

anyway...I just look at the driver and smile...see if they smile back. Unfortunatly, most of the e34's around my area are middle aged women who don't seem like they are very enthusiastic about the car, and I sometimes get dirty looks back...wheres the love?...sheesh

mattyb
08-19-2005, 01:58 AM
in morse code H= .... I= .. so .... .. me thinks it means coppers down the road when all it really ever meant was hi!

Incantation
08-19-2005, 02:17 AM
nothing.. most people here have no idea what they are driving.. and if it isn't 'new' they don't care.. although i get tons of looks in my ride probably because i have changed it so much cosmetically. or maybe it's the bass from a mile away

Paul in NZ
08-19-2005, 06:10 AM
saw a SEXY AS HELL E30 C2 Alpina yesterday, and stood near it for 15mins wainting for the owner. I chatted to her for about 45mins

what did you do when the actual owner arrived....

Scott H
08-19-2005, 06:56 AM
and I live in/near Chicago, I usually **** my pants at how bad they look. Most E34s in this area are beat.

Qube
08-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Have only seen one nicely kept e34 so far in Toronto... but if I did see a nicer one, I'd post here ;)

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=13053&highlight=toronto

califblue
08-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Rev up my engine and see if they want to race...Doesn't everyone?

1995 525i
08-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Zombies

I used to try a nod, smile or wave....

Then I noticed most of those guys (some women) are clueless.

In there mind, they are just driving a BMW car.

Ha...These are the suckers who end up selling them for $2500 when the idle valve gets dirty.
Next to the 525 badge. Rolled up next to him to waive and noticed the badeg on the back so I ketp on rolling. Most E34 owners I see around here treat their car like ****. I have had an owner of an M6 come up to me in a parking lot and tell me he liked my car. Other than that I haven't seen any comraderie out there, just on this board.

dacoyote
08-19-2005, 09:32 AM
Just wondering.

See if it looks at bad as mine :-)

-Charles

Badkrma
08-19-2005, 11:38 AM
There is one other 535 in the town I live. His is a 1987 and mine is a 1990. We give the thumbs up to each other. There are some 3's, one 6 and a few 7's, and several Z's and we all wave. Should do a BMW Meet and Greet here.

joe maniqz
08-19-2005, 11:44 AM
when i see them at the freeway during rush hour i check out their car and maybe chat with the driver as we drive 5 mi/hr...that's how slow freeways are here in los angeles.

zuzuk212
08-19-2005, 02:08 PM
It's kinda sad ... when I had my 300ZX on the road (first gen) I would be conastantly flashing lights at others ... I miss that. It is a warm fuzzy to know that there are others in love with their car as well. There are too many clueless E34 owners ... for instance, at the Chicago meet there was an E34 Touring ... pulled in, circled around and left without stopping waving or anything ... pretty lame owner.

I hate bumper stickers ... I don't drive a delivery truck nor do I need stickers to hold the car together. I would sugest static cling window stickers or regular window stickers. The Z31 board I was on did this.

Ken

TheDuke
08-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Well, usually I flip the lights. Or I turn on the emergency lights, wave etc. but only few of them react. Usually the ones that react are younger 3series drivers.
I remember my old days of owning Subaru Impreza. The other drivers seemed way more enthusiastic. One time I got passed on the double yellow line, going 40mph. The other driver sticked himself out from the sun roof yelling SUBARU ROCKS.

Paul in NZ
08-19-2005, 05:04 PM
if i judge him to be another enthusiast i wave or flash.....i always look,most e34,s are still quite in nice order and standard....

632 Regal
08-19-2005, 05:11 PM
I blow the horn and throw potatoes at them.

McWatters
08-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Well theres only One other e34 in the Small town of Barrie On. (just above Toronto). its a 535i, almost exact same as mine cept i have a custom muff. Im pretty sure the owner is old (like early 70's), havnt actually encountered it when driving mine. Theres another 89 - 94 7 series on my street, deffinately an older person driving it, (nothing against u older people) :D

As for bumber sticker, .... no that would ruin the look of a car, we should create are own emblem for the left side of the rear. or a cool window sticker would be nice.

-J.McWatters

ryan roopnarine
08-19-2005, 07:01 PM
when i see the headlights coming down the road, i ready myself. if it looks like an e32 i don't usually do anything. the only way that i know if im looking at an "enthusiast's" car is that we will usually end up "checking out" each other's cars, and NOTICE each other checking out each other's cars....a wee bit harder to discern than a thumbs up. i won't pretend that my exterior is in great shape. in fact, i had somebody in ontario, in the parking lot of a LLBO store say outloud "it would be a really nice car if there wasn't that dent in the trunk" for no reason. (the PO put a 1/4 inch dent into the trunk right next to the trunk button). but they are inexpensive now, and people do buy them because they are inexpensive and they'd like to convey status.

Kalevera
08-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Just wondering.
Scream, yell, and holler..all at the same time while making monkey faces and blowing raspberries in their general direction. Sometimes it's also a good idea to take your shirt off and twirl it around your head.

AND the key is to maintain speed. HAVE to keep the road speed normal while doing all of that. Today I got 28mpg on the way home...until I had to go up the next hill.

Three cheers for OBC resets, intentional or otherwise!

best, whit

tdgard
08-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Finger salutes for everyone!

In Atlanta you would wear yourself out trying to communicate with all E34 owners. Most just need the finger anyway.

I already have a window sticker that says it all. It's about 1.5"x3" blue and white and reads BMW CCA.

nuwde
08-20-2005, 09:40 PM
I will be unoriginal and just give you a thumbs up. If you see an e34 give you a thumbs up, it might be me so give one back! :)

Thanks for all the replies.