PDA

View Full Version : Sell the car b/c driver's seat sags? Fix?

Bill'93Touring
08-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Our '93 Touring has 190k miles, and is in great shape except driver's seat sags. So both your butt and low back don't have proper support. My wife is getting desperate, since the car now hurts her back every time she drives.

On my older cars I often swap the two front seats. But with the controls built in to the seat bottom it looks complicated, if not impossible. Anyone done this swap? I suppose alternatives would be to either have the seat re-stuffed and bolstered by an upholsterer, or buy a lower mileage seat.

Anyone have a nice seat for sale? Our interior is tan.

If I can't fix it, the car has to go. Which will suck since I've just put $2k into it for repairs and maintenance.

Bill

nyc525iTe34
08-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Just replace the seat.

632 Regal
08-18-2005, 07:52 PM
definetly! would you sell you house cause the couch sucks?

Kalevera
08-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Bill...

What color's the seat?

Contact Rigmaster (Bret Luter) on the board -- last time I checked, he had two very nice, heated pergament seats out of a '95 wreck.

I can practically guarantee she'll LOVE the car again once the seat's fixed. You might also want to wait until my memory seat writeup's online; then you can retrofit an adjustable lumbar support onto the seat -- she'll really love you then :)

best, whit