PDA

View Full Version : Temp for OBC -535 F

Badkrma
08-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Holly cold, Batman....... Want could be wrong? Do I have to disconnect the battery to reset? Interesting that the temp is the same as the model of my car, 535. Any ideas, I did a search and saw to clean the connectors at the sense unit behind the front bumper, but they were only getting readings like of -30..... Please give me any ideas.

Thanks,

Stephen

JonE
08-18-2005, 01:16 PM
The wiring at the sensor is either faulty or intermittent. If cleaned/fixed and working it does take a very long time for the temperature read-out to rise from -30, or whatever. It could take several hours to rise to the right temp.

Bellicose Right Winger
08-18-2005, 01:54 PM
I had this same display after reconnecting the battery. Disconnecting for 30 minutes and re-connecting restored normal operation.

Paul Shovestul

Holly cold, Batman....... Want could be wrong? Do I have to disconnect the battery to reset? Interesting that the temp is the same as the model of my car, 535. Any ideas, I did a search and saw to clean the connectors at the sense unit behind the front bumper, but they were only getting readings like of -30..... Please give me any ideas.

Thanks,

Stephen

Badkrma
08-18-2005, 02:28 PM
I just went to lunch at it a chilling -817..... talk about a new ice age.

Badkrma
08-19-2005, 10:10 AM
I am not sure what fixed it, but I cleaned the connection and disconnected the battery for 10 min. Working just fine now. Thanks for your help.

Stephen