PDA

View Full Version : Bosch Had Me Cursing

uscharalph
08-18-2005, 01:10 AM
I pulled the new Bosch spark plug wire set I just bought out of the box to make sure it looked like the right part today. Things looked good until I saw the 7th wire which goes to the Ignition Coil (I think). At that point I was sure I had gotten the wrong wire set.

I went to a couple of parts sites with pictures to compare to what I had in front of me. It seems they put that wire into the tube backwards. Has anyone else had this experience?

SRR2
08-18-2005, 03:22 AM
You mean the open end of the coil cover was on the loom side of the wire? Yipes. That's a pretty flagrant error. The picture you posted is the way it should be. guess you're gonna have to send it back. There's no way you're going to fix that without damaging something.

632 Regal
08-18-2005, 08:49 AM
turn it around.

uscharalph
08-18-2005, 09:55 AM
You mean the open end of the coil cover was on the loom side of the wire? Yipes. That's a pretty flagrant error. The picture you posted is the way it should be. guess you're gonna have to send it back. There's no way you're going to fix that without damaging something.
I don't think I've got to send it back. You actually can just buy the tube. It opens up and you can turn the wire around.

uscharalph
08-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Here's a picture of the way the plug wires came:

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-18-2005, 04:13 PM
backwards in the loom.

pull it out and re thread it back in the right way.

Use the one on your car as a guide

632 Regal
08-18-2005, 07:51 PM
push the boot on and then the cover over it in the right direction...they will turn in the cover so you can fix er up.

uscharalph
08-18-2005, 08:13 PM
push the boot on and then the cover over it in the right direction...they will turn in the cover so you can fix er up.
What? I can just open the loom, right?

winfred
08-18-2005, 08:28 PM
yep it opens right up, little clips hold it together the bitch is if it has a piece of heat shrink holding the front end tight you will need to cut it as it's too small to fit the wire end through, i usually just run a zip tie around it, it's just a back up for the clips so they don't get broken if the wire set gets rough handled

What? I can just open the loom, right?

uscharalph
08-18-2005, 08:51 PM
yep it opens right up, little clips hold it together the bitch is if it has a piece of heat shrink holding the front end tight you will need to cut it as it's too small to fit the wire end through, i usually just run a zip tie around it, it's just a back up for the clips so they don't get broken if the wire set gets rough handled
Sounds Good!

uscharalph
08-18-2005, 11:00 PM
The loom opened right up. Man that things got a lot of clips on it. The more the better, I guess. There wasn't any shrink wrap, but I'm going to do the zip tie like you suggested. I labeled each end of each wire and turned the coil wire around. I got all the clips back on. Ready to go!