PDA

View Full Version : Clean eBay E34

uscharalph
08-17-2005, 05:22 PM
I was searching around eBay and came across one of my car's cousins (Alpineweiss / Grey). Looks pretty clean. eBay Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-5-Series-525i-Sedan-Leather-sunroof-htd-seats-Amazing-Cond-NO-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6008QQitemZ4568 321651QQrdZ1)

dacoyote
08-17-2005, 05:40 PM
I was searching around eBay and came across one of my car's cousins (Alpineweiss / Grey). Looks pretty clean. eBay Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-5-Series-525i-Sedan-Leather-sunroof-htd-seats-Amazing-Cond-NO-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6008QQitemZ4568 321651QQrdZ1)

Look at that temp needle... just a little higher then it should be...

-Charles

uscharalph
08-17-2005, 05:47 PM
Look at that temp needle... just a little higher then it should be...

-Charles
A little higher, but if I bought that car, I'd probably overhaul the cooling sytem anyway. For what it cost me in parts to do mine, it's worth the peace of mind to take care of it before there's any problems. I'd surely have it checked out prior.

Good catch, I never saw it.

dacoyote
08-17-2005, 05:51 PM
A little higher, but if I bought that car, I'd probably overhaul the cooling sytem anyway. For what it cost me in parts to do mine, it's worth the peace of mind to take care of it before there's any problems. I'd surely have it checked out prior.

Good catch, I never saw it.

The real question is... how long had it been running to get to that point.

Also.. where does one get those cool cup holders... I bought some off bimmerd00d but don't like them (they are back for sell).

-Charles

632 Regal
08-17-2005, 06:49 PM
8:16 am...cant be that hot! Besides unless he just got done runnin really hard that temp needle dont look like a good sign at all... it still shouldnt go past half way even if he beat the piss outta it.

billb
08-17-2005, 07:08 PM
...it was only 92 here on 8/11 (day of listing), with a low of 72. I'd bet shot fan clutch, or wrong thermostat.

It's close to me (about 30 miles), but I can't get there before the auction ends unfortunately. ASC, heated seats, odd combination for a NC car. Probably limited slip as well.

Randell
08-18-2005, 05:43 AM
the temp needle is in the same spot mine was when my thermostat decided not to work properly

but everyone talks of the needle sitting just left of 12 oclock... i've never seen mine there! it's always just right of 12 oclock

doesn't bother me, but i seem like the only one

uscharalph
08-18-2005, 09:57 AM
the temp needle is in the same spot mine was when my thermostat decided not to work properly

but everyone talks of the needle sitting just left of 12 oclock... i've never seen mine there! it's always just right of 12 oclock

doesn't bother me, but i seem like the only one
The needle doesn't bother me either, unless it's the head gasket causing it.

Qube
08-18-2005, 09:45 PM
After looking at that auction, I can now seriously say that (in my opinion) leaving the lower trim black makes the car look old :)