PDA

View Full Version : 1st Impression - David Taylor Automotive

uscharalph
08-17-2005, 02:02 PM
So here's my 1st impression of the online parts seller: www.taylorautomotive.com. They didn't offer price matching, but they didn't need it. I ordered new ignition wires, distributor cap, rotor and 6 Bosch super spark plugs. I think of those 4 parts, they were the lowest of the four I checked (Along with BMA, Autoparts Warehouse and eGerman Parts). I think one was about $0.50 more than the others. They offered Free Shipping and No Sales Tax.

I placed the order on Monday afternoon @ 2:26pm and had the parts in my hand Wednesday morning @ 11:15am. All parts were brand new Bosch in the original packaging. As a matter of fact the parts were shipped from Torrance, CA.

tye1138
08-17-2005, 02:55 PM
... BMA, Autoparts Warehouse and eGerman Parts). I think one was about $0.50 more than the others. They offered Free Shipping and No Sales Tax.

I highly recommend BMA. I work right next to them and since then, I've been ordering parts from them by walking in the front door. Before I ordered everything from Turner Motorsport in MA, but in terms of BMW replacement parts they were high. BMA negotiates a bit on price and is very nice to deal with.

DanH
08-17-2005, 03:04 PM
I priced a few parts I was going to order from BMA at DTA and almost everything was still cheaper at BMA except for the nuts and bolts.

Also, shipping is only free for orders >$75 at DTA and >$50 at BMA.

zuzuk212
08-17-2005, 04:19 PM
I've also had a good experience with taylor ... you do have to check their prices ... they are usually lower but you know the one time that you don't check :p They are fast though.
The free shipping per $75 vs. $50 hasn't affected me much because my orders have been over 75.

So, so far they have been good to me as well.
Ken

sdwhitney
08-18-2005, 10:17 AM
I highly recommend BMA. I work right next to them and since then, I've been ordering parts from them by walking in the front door. Before I ordered everything from Turner Motorsport in MA, but in terms of BMW replacement parts they were high. BMA negotiates a bit on price and is very nice to deal with.

BMA is who I use exclusively. They ship next day to me for free and usually will beat anyones price. Eve and Patrick are easy to get along with and are very knowledgable when you call.

I have shopped elsewhere with little to no customer service, and I hate waiting for shipping.

To each his own though. I am glad Taylor works for you. I am a loyal guy and believe in sticking with who you trust.

my .02

billb
08-18-2005, 11:21 AM
Eve and Patrick are easy to get along with and are very knowledgable when you call.

Not to be picky, but I think the spelling is Yves, not Eve.

:D