PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Wire, Plugs, Distributor, Rotor

uscharalph
08-16-2005, 11:01 PM
I just ordered new ingnition wires, plugs, distributor and rotor. I went with Bosch. Are there any parts I'm overlooking?

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-16-2005, 11:34 PM
To help ease the $150.00++ hit on the wallet

shogun
08-17-2005, 02:31 AM
ingnition wires,

Waste of money usually. They never die.
But no worry, you do not have a V12, where the system costs >400 $ with cylinder identification sensor.
Dielectric Compound/Grease; Distributor Cam Grease?
How about ALL rubber parts in the intake system, they leak and get hard like stone.

pundit
08-17-2005, 07:05 AM
To help ease the $150.00++ hit on the wallet
More like $500.00 AUD from the stealers over here!

uscharalph
08-17-2005, 10:28 AM
But no worry, you do not have a V12, where the system costs >400 $ with cylinder identification sensor.
How about ALL rubber parts in the intake system, they leak and get hard like stone.
Yeah but the ignition wire holder tabs which connect it to the valve cover broke and a detailed oriented BMW owner like me just couldn't have that. Can anyone else here identify with that?

What do I do with: Dielectric Compound/Grease; Distributor Cam Grease?

It sounds like the rubber parts in the intake system may be another project. Thanks Shogun.

uscharalph
08-17-2005, 10:30 AM
More like $500.00 AUD from the stealers over here!
$183.56 USD from www.taylorautomotive.com. No sales tax, Free shipping.

uscharalph
08-17-2005, 10:32 AM
I just ordered new ingnition wires, plugs, distributor and rotor. I went with Bosch. Are there any parts I'm overlooking?
Also, with the price of gas, any improvement in gas mileage I get will help.

Interceptor
08-17-2005, 10:39 AM
Yeah but the ignition wire holder tabs which connect it to the valve cover broke and a detailed oriented BMW owner like me just couldn't have that. Can anyone else here identify with that?
I think we all can :)

I have few projects of my own, too:
- headliner repair
- CPS and engine temperature sensors
- front and rear muffler
- 17" style 5 wheels and tyres
- rear spoiler with third brake light

Well, as you see, the list goes on... :)

TheGeak
08-17-2005, 10:50 AM
they never die? sorry, but I feel the need to correct this ;) I drove from Philly to Baltimore for a BMW get together a few years back. Got down to Baltimore, started to drive around a bit, all the sudden I have no power. Turn off car, try to recrank, it won't get a spark. My lead wire fried out, as in, pulled it out and it was DUST. So they DO die, at least on me!

uscharalph
08-26-2005, 04:38 PM

Shogun, what page in www.realoem.com would I search for these part numbers?

genphreak
08-27-2005, 12:04 AM
Just look up the fuel delviery/fuel injection system diagrams. They are all listed. BMA has them. Every damn pipe- if you look it up and call them on the phone they'll go thru it with you and tot it all up. BMA might cost a little more, but they are **very** professional and you'll get good parts. (these rubbers vary a bit.) :) GP

uscharalph
08-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Is this the page we're talking about? Real Oem (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HC23&mospid=47402&btnr=13_0293&hg=13&fg=15)