PDA

View Full Version : Aussies, full M-Tech body kit for sale in Sydney...

Phil Sanderson
08-15-2005, 04:24 PM
...whilst looking for something else at Sydney Wide European Autos (wreckers) yesterday I spotted an original E34 M-Technic bootlid spoiler on a car. I asked how much, but he wants to sell it with the full kit on this car for AUD$1750. The full kit consists of complete front and rear bumpers (look the same as M5), side skirts, door sill seals (that fit to the side skirts), and rear bootlid spoiler. It's all painted white at the moment. This stuff is as scarce as rockin' horse sh.t! If you are interested call (02) 9708 4848 and ask for Steve (tell him Phil sent you). I have no personal interest in this - it's just for your information, but I bet it won't last long.

I was able to get an M-Technic bootlid spoiler from a 540i he had hidden away, so as soon as I can get it painted it will be going on my 525i.

regards
Phil

mattyb
08-15-2005, 08:23 PM
good finding phil, what else does he have lying about out there. are there a number of e32 or e34 4 ltre v8s or engine bays with stuff still in em?

Randell
08-15-2005, 08:53 PM
ohh i want this so much, but $1750 + repsray + shipping to perth... that will hurt me for months

i'll have to get back to crafting my mtech skirts out of cardboard

Phil Sanderson
08-16-2005, 12:32 AM
regards
Phil

Phil Sanderson
08-16-2005, 12:34 AM
ohh i want this so much, but $1750 + repsray + shipping to perth... that will hurt me for months

i'll have to get back to crafting my mtech skirts out of cardboard

...mine suck

regards
Phil

pundit
08-16-2005, 01:01 AM
...whilst looking for something else at Sydney Wide European Autos (wreckers) yesterday I spotted an original E34 M-Technic bootlid spoiler on a car. I asked how much, but he wants to sell it with the full kit on this car for AUD$1750. The full kit consists of complete front and rear bumpers (look the same as M5), side skirts, door sill seals (that fit to the side skirts), and rear bootlid spoiler. It's all painted white at the moment. This stuff is as scarce as rockin' horse sh.t! If you are interested call (02) 9708 4848 and ask for Steve (tell him Phil sent you). I have no personal interest in this - it's just for your information, but I bet it won't last long.

I was able to get an M-Technic bootlid spoiler from a 540i he had hidden away, so as soon as I can get it painted it will be going on my 525i.

regards
Phil
How did the condition seem? Paintwork etc?
Did you manage to get a look at the rest of the gear apart from the spoiler?

Phil Sanderson
08-16-2005, 04:04 AM
How did the condition seem? Paintwork etc?
Did you manage to get a look at the rest of the gear apart from the spoiler?

...but it is in a wrecking yard so the paintwork isn't perfect. Both side skirts and front & rear bumpers seemed undamaged as well as the lower door bits.

If you are seriously interested I could ask them if I could take some photos for you. Let me know.

regards
Phil

pundit
08-16-2005, 06:35 PM
...but it is in a wrecking yard so the paintwork isn't perfect. Both side skirts and front & rear bumpers seemed undamaged as well as the lower door bits.

If you are seriously interested I could ask them if I could take some photos for you. Let me know.

regards
Phil
I have been in touch and requested photos but so far no pics.
I'd really want to make sure the kit is in good nick. $1750.00 is a lot to fork out especially if the bars. etc have been badly damaged and shoddily repaired.

stx133
08-17-2005, 12:49 AM
does it have the manual 6 gearbox????

Phil Sanderson
08-17-2005, 12:52 AM
does it have the manual 6 gearbox????

regards
Phil

Phil Sanderson
08-17-2005, 12:55 AM
I have been in touch and requested photos but so far no pics.
I'd really want to make sure the kit is in good nick. $1750.00 is a lot to fork out especially if the bars. etc have been badly damaged and shoddily repaired.

...let me know.

regards
Phil

pundit
08-17-2005, 01:22 AM
...let me know.

regards
Phil
Thanks but I just received the pics. Bit hard to tell overall but the whole shebang will definately require a repaint even if you have a white E34.
A full prep and repaint would cost around $1000.00. Add to that shipping ($150.00) and you looking down the barrel of $3,000.00. I'll think I'll pass!

Aussie e34
08-18-2005, 05:48 AM
contact peninsula bm. they have one for sale in victoria. its condition is ok-good and he's asking 1500. bargin him down and it could be a good buy.

pundit
08-18-2005, 10:19 PM
contact peninsula bm. they have one for sale in victoria. its condition is ok-good and he's asking 1500. bargin him down and it could be a good buy.
Hi Aussie e34,
I rang them and was informed they didn't have one for sale and haven't had any for a while. Do you have a contact name? - Cheers

BTW - I was told they sell M-Tech kits for around $500.00 when they have them. Seems cheap to me.

pundit
08-18-2005, 10:55 PM
I rang Peninsula BMW again and now they tell me they do have an M-Tech kit but it may not be in good condition and it may, or may not, be complete but they're not sure... but they want $1,100.00 for it!

Nice to be certain of what you may, or may not, be buying!! :(