PDA

View Full Version : Wanted:- Orange front marker lights(US version)

E34-520iSE
08-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Hi all! I am after a set to put on my UK car - any of you US guys wanna do a deal?

Cheers,

Shaun

uscharalph
08-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Hi all! I am after a set to put on my UK car - any of you US guys wanna do a deal?

Cheers,

Shaun
That's a switch. Most of the guys around here in the US are after clear turns. Now here's a european (UK) Bmw after amber. I guess that's what makes them mods.

E34-520iSE
08-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Hey Ralph,
LOL! It's not the turn signals that I'm after - I already have clear turn indicators. I am after the orange marker lights that fit in the sides of the front bumper, just in front of the wheels.

You got a pair lying around?

Cheers,

Shaun

uscharalph
08-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Hey Ralph,
LOL! It's not the turn signals that I'm after - I already have clear turn indicators. I am after the orange marker lights that fit in the sides of the front bumper, just in front of the wheels.

You got a pair lying around?

Cheers,

Shaun
Sorry, none laying around.

Dave M
08-15-2005, 02:49 PM
I have a pair in front of me. If the shipping isn't too much, I'd be glad to send them. I installed the small euros in the trim so I'm not looking for an exchange.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/dave_macisaac/Bimmer/5erbriggs11.jpg

pm me if you're interested.

Dave M

ukm5
08-15-2005, 02:57 PM
im in the UK i fitted them to mine, you also have to change the bumper strips, i presume you know that and have to make up the wiring?
i bought mine from the dealer new

jay335
08-15-2005, 03:44 PM

Cheers,

Shaun

I have a set of amber turn signals. You can email me at rdsport5@hotmail.com

ukm5
08-15-2005, 03:50 PM
he doesnt want turn signals!

nuwde
08-15-2005, 04:12 PM
all the lights on my car are stock and i'm looking for clears. which lights are these again?? :)

ukm5
08-15-2005, 04:15 PM
hes meaning the lights that fit into a hole on the rubbing strips on the front bumper and the rear(which usually has red lights) - but hes just asking for the front

they are used generally in the US as what i think you call running lights but i may be wrong

brodee
08-15-2005, 07:10 PM
There is a group buy going on now for the euro trim over here in the US. Once those pieces start showing up there is going to be about 25 guys willing to give you their side markers, myself included.

E34-520iSE
08-16-2005, 09:39 AM
Hmm red ones on the rear? You got me thinking now! What about orange ones there instead? Should look good and also stay road legal then. I will be ordering a set of US rubbing strips to suit the lights anyway, as mine look they have scraped quite a few cars and walls over the last 15 1/2 years! I take it they wire up to the existing side & taillight +ve feeds and earth on the body?

Oh another thing, do you own the manor house in your pic?

Cheers!

Shaun

ukm5
08-16-2005, 04:38 PM
yes i wired mine up to the sidelights. ideally the rear ones should be red as it indicates the rear of the vehicle. mine are red at the back

yes the house is on my land but its derelict and as its made of precast concrete which has cracked its only suitable to be pulled down when i can be bothered