PDA

View Full Version : Touring rear end squat!.

emw525E34
08-15-2005, 08:33 AM
So I pulled my 89 sedan into the garage today parked next to the 95 touring, I notice from behind, the same "squat" of both cars WTF ?.

My sedan had EibackProkits and Bilstein Sports. Touring has stock springs (Sach SuperTouring shocks up front, 1 month old) and stock rear springs with Boge shocks (2 years old). I could put only 2 fingers on my sedan from loweredge of front fender to top of tires, on front tires. The Touring is one vertical palm plus a finger, I guess (yes, huge ugly gap). But the rears are about same!. Almost minus 1 finger! (ie wheel well swallowed tire by 1 finger depth).

Is that the extra weight of the Touring causing this sag ?. Or my springs actually sags ?. Pls advise.
I was wondering if I could just switch the Bilstein Sports rears from sedan to touring and weld the perch an inch higher to reduce this squat ?. (ie Sedan still will get Prokits but with Boges) Will this work ?. Advise appreciated!.
:(

brodee
08-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Let me know what you find out, mine is the same way. I figured that the shop that replaced the LAD put in an old used set of rear springs from a sedan they had laying around.

BobHarris
08-15-2005, 12:33 PM
If the LAD is still fitted, start the car and see if it rises to its mormal height.

It might just have settled.

HTH

Bob