PDA

View Full Version : M5 Wheels on Ebay

granit_silber
08-14-2005, 01:11 PM
I saw these today while I was surfing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bmw-e34-M5-wheels-original-Equipment-w-caps-Tires_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66483QQitemZ79921 16390QQrdZ1

I have no relationship with the seller. These just looked like a good deal for those who are looking.

-ashley

632 Regal
08-14-2005, 01:20 PM
I wonder why he will mail pictures to "anyone" that requests them instead of posting them?

granit_silber
08-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I thought that was strange too. Maybe he doesn't have the hosting space and doesn't know about imageshack and other services.
-ashley

SharkmanBMW
08-14-2005, 05:33 PM
looks like they willnot sell unless someone snatches them up at the last minute!
I will be getting a set of these myself very soon.
Ebay wheels are dicey when you can only see one picture of one wheel!

pundit
08-14-2005, 06:32 PM
I saw these today while I was surfing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bmw-e34-M5-wheels-original-Equipment-w-caps-Tires_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66483QQitemZ79921 16390QQrdZ1

I have no relationship with the seller. These just looked like a good deal for those who are looking.

-ashley
I bought a set of T-Stars (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7979374135&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMERFB%3AIID&rd=1) on Ebay about two months ago from Hobart in Tasmania. I was the only bidder and was very happy with both the wheels and the price. $1500.00 AUD (about $1100.00 USD).The tyres were Toyo's with about 80% tread left.

The seller occasionally visits this forum. Genuine T-Stars seem to generally go for between $800.00 to $1500.00 USD on Ebay, though the cheaper ones often appear fairly rough , curb rash etc.

I was considering a set of replica M-Parallels (Style 37's) but am glad I went with the T-Stars due to their lighter weight, better ride 17's versus 18's, better resale, and I think they look great on my Alpinewiess E34! :)

Ask for some closeup detailed photos of each wheel to see any curb rash etc.

95-540iLE
08-15-2005, 12:20 AM
I hope they look good. I think some pics could be in order!!

Cheers

David
I bought a set of T-Stars (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7979374135&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMERFB%3AIID&rd=1) on Ebay about two months ago from Hobart in Tasmania. I was the only bidder and was very happy with both the wheels and the price. $1500.00 AUD (about $1100.00 USD).The tyres were Toyo's with about 80% tread left.

The seller occasionally visits this forum. Genuine T-Stars seem to generally go for between $800.00 to $1500.00 USD on Ebay, though the cheaper ones often appear fairly rough , curb rash etc.

I was considering a set of replica M-Parallels (Style 37's) but am glad I went with the T-Stars due to their lighter weight, better ride 17's versus 18's, better resale, and I think they look great on my Alpinewiess E34! :)

Ask for some closeup detailed photos of each wheel to see any curb rash etc.

pundit
08-15-2005, 01:56 AM
I hope they look good. I think some pics could be in order!!

Cheers

David
Hi David,

Wheels are good, weather not so good hence lack of pics!
Can't seem to synchronise a clear day, along with a clean car lately.
Most recent weekends have been rather wet overcast affairs.
Anyway as soon as I get a good weekend I'll post some pics!
Still comtemplating springs & shocks although I don't want to go to extremes.
Koni have some new shocks which are supposed to be the 'ant pants' in both the comfort and handling stakes.

Incidently, I assume you have your staggered T-Stars by now?

Cheers.

95-540iLE
08-15-2005, 02:01 AM
Yes, our weather has largely refelcted what has been happening up there :(

And yes, the staggered T-stars went on before I advertised your wheels. They look great and were well worth the effort of bringing them in from Germany.

The new Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's are working a treat too!

Did you refurbish the wheels? they really weren't that badly in need of refurbishment - just weren't perfect!

Cheers
David
Hi David,

Wheels are good, weather not so good hence lack of pics!
Can't seem to synchronise a clear day, along with a clean car lately.
Most recent weekends have been rather wet overcast affairs.
Anyway as soon as I get a good weekend I'll post some pics!
Still comtemplating springs & shocks although I don't want to go to extremes.
Koni have some new shocks which are supposed to be the 'ant pants' in both the comfort and handling stakes.

Incidently, I assume you have your staggered T-Stars by now?

Cheers.

Paul in NZ
08-15-2005, 03:03 AM
so they didnt sell??

pundit
08-15-2005, 04:55 AM
Yes, our weather has largely refelcted what has been happening up there :(

And yes, the staggered T-stars went on before I advertised your wheels. They look great and were well worth the effort of bringing them in from Germany.

The new Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's are working a treat too!

Did you refurbish the wheels? they really weren't that badly in need of refurbishment - just weren't perfect!

Cheers
David
Haven't refurbished them yet. I may polish the lips, but some of the DIY polishing jobs I've seen can make them look slightly 'bling' if the the lips are too chrome looking.

As you are aware two have slight curb rash but not bad as far as curb rash goes, with the other two close to perfect. There were some slight paint imperfections here and there, but hey, I'm not complaining at all as they are probably as good, if not better than any set of wheels that have been on a car for ten years. If you stand a few metres away you'd have a hard time even noticing. Just a little work and they'll look as good as new... until I scrape a curb myself! :p

I actually sold my old basket weaves for $500.00. I was considering keeping them, but in the end they would just take up space and although I wasn't looking for a buyer, the buyer found me with cash in hand so I decided to oblige. The Toyos actually seem pretty good. I drive about 15kms of winding mountain road (Dandenong Ranges) on my way to work and then home each day and they seem to cope even with the slimy wet mountain roads pretty well.

As I mentioned I'm glad I didn't go with the 18" M-Parallel replicas. Too heavy and harsher in the comfort department - Cheers

SharkmanBMW
08-15-2005, 06:28 PM
SOLD
1 bid of $1200