PDA

View Full Version : PIAA Xtreme Whites

pgh2002
02-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Are PIAA xtreme whites the brightest halogens on the market for the 9005, 9006 and H1 lights? (this question excludes xenon lighting) If not, which ones are?

pmulry
02-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Paul, I recently switched my low beams (9006) to Sylvania Super Star bulbs from the stock halogens. They are noticibly whiter from the driver's seat and don't look blueish from head-on, unlike some other bulbs. You'll notice that the Silver Star bulbs are blueish in the package, but you don't notice it on the car once installed.

I really, really like these better and will soon install H1's in the foglights too, just haven't gotten around to it yet. My research indicates that the color of the Silver Star bulbs (4000k) and the PIAA's are identical, but the PIAA's are more expensive. I got my Silver Star bulbs at AutoZone for $40 for the pair. Which is outrageous, but I do like them a whole lot better than the more yellow halogens.

Good luck.

pgh2002
02-26-2004, 05:51 PM
Paul, I recently switched my low beams (9006) to Sylvania Super Star bulbs from the stock halogens. They are noticibly whiter from the driver's seat and don't look blueish from head-on, unlike some other bulbs. You'll notice that the Silver Star bulbs are blueish in the package, but you don't notice it on the car once installed.

I really, really like these better and will soon install H1's in the foglights too, just haven't gotten around to it yet. My research indicates that the color of the Silver Star bulbs (4000k) and the PIAA's are identical, but the PIAA's are more expensive. I got my Silver Star bulbs at AutoZone for $40 for the pair. Which is outrageous, but I do like them a whole lot better than the more yellow halogens.

Good luck.

Thanks.

AA540
02-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Here is the 9005/9006 upgrade info... thanks Bruno
http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Upgrade/More_light.htm