PDA

View Full Version : wireing harnis install problem

pyro
08-14-2005, 12:03 AM
Hey everything is going GREAT!! took so far 2 hrs and is going good but then it dawned on me that my car is 1991 and the harness is from a 1992 same car but the only different connector is the one in the picture below its the one that chills next to the ECU and relays inside the e-box. I'm wondering what it does and how i can make the connector work or what each wire does and i can use the connector from the old harness. does anyone have a schematic of that part? thanks heres the picture. picture below ---->

uscharalph
08-14-2005, 12:07 AM
I knew this wouldn't be easy. I'm rooting for you though!

pyro
08-14-2005, 12:51 AM
my engine compartment a few min agao

pyro
08-14-2005, 01:20 AM
where can i find the bently manual for dl? i only need to compair 2 wiering diagrams... cant seem to find it

pyro
08-14-2005, 03:39 AM
well got all of that together but when i stuck the old / new ecu in it didn't run.... because the fact that ecu got killd last time. so im stuck w/3 dead ecu's i realy need to find one so im gonna ask everyone a favor and look around one for cheep because after that im gonna sell the car i cant afford to keep blowing these ecu's up...

pundit
08-14-2005, 04:39 AM
well got all of that together but when i stuck the old / new ecu in it didn't run.... because the fact that ecu got killd last time. so im stuck w/3 dead ecu's i realy need to find one so im gonna ask everyone a favor and look around one for cheep because after that im gonna sell the car i cant afford to keep blowing these ecu's up...
Man it sounds like it's time to either get someone else to look at this or cut your losses and part the car out! :(

pyro
08-14-2005, 09:50 AM
already took it somewhere :( they didn't even kno the problem thats what caused me to checm the conditionof the wires and when i saw themmelted is why i changed them out

Kalevera
08-14-2005, 11:11 AM
I remember when all of this started. The coil packs are *new*, yes?

pyro
08-14-2005, 07:53 PM
this has nothing to do w/ coilpacks to the best of my knowhow. what caused it was the o2 sensor heator wire being grounded at the o2 sensor and it got completely melted inside the wireingharnis thats why i repplaced it.

As of now i need a new ecu if anyone has one let me kno ill buy it for shure. mabe someone could keep there eyes out or look a little for me. ;)

pyro
08-14-2005, 08:42 PM
i cant seem to find the bently manual does anyone know wehre the download link is. and i know you guys are going to say oh buy it... well i would but don't have time im going to order it after i get this problem fixed. if anyone has aim mabe you could send it thorugh there... need it badly and what does the plug in this picture do?

pyro
08-15-2005, 12:30 AM
sorry for all of the post's just realy need to get this car operational again. Anyways if anyone has a ecu laying around they would sell ill buy it.