PDA

View Full Version : Can't open front passenger door

wailerwoo
08-12-2005, 04:43 PM
I have a 1990 525i. All the doors work fine except for the front passenger door. It is stuck locked. I have resynchronized the locks multiple times and everything else works fine, except for that one door. Any thoughts? I am a new BMW owner with a car that is a project and I can't claim to be to mechanically inclined but I am a quick learner.

Interceptor
08-12-2005, 04:51 PM
I have a 1990 525i. All the doors work fine except for the front passenger door. It is stuck locked. I have resynchronized the locks multiple times and everything else works fine, except for that one door. Any thoughts? I am a new BMW owner with a car that is a project and I can't claim to be to mechanically inclined but I am a quick learner.
Can you open the passenger door from the inside? How does the catch feel? Do you feel any tension when pulling it?

wailerwoo
08-12-2005, 06:02 PM
I can't open the door at all. Lock is stuck in the locked position and door won't open from either the inside or the outside.

Interceptor
08-13-2005, 07:07 AM
I can't open the door at all. Lock is stuck in the locked position and door won't open from either the inside or the outside.
I guess pulling up the lock-pin manually doesn't help? You should remove the door panel and fiddle with the lock mechanism - if something is stuck, you should be able to troubleshoot it once the door panel is off.

For information on removing the door panels, see: http://www.bmwe34.net

632 Regal
08-13-2005, 11:20 AM
umm...dont you need the door open to remove the panel?

Interceptor
08-13-2005, 11:41 AM
umm...dont you need the door open to remove the panel?
Umm, interesting point of view :) How do you open the doors that are stuck locked if you cannot access the door panel? This seems like the chicken and the egg situation :)

Paul in NZ
08-13-2005, 05:56 PM
have you tried the emergency unlock procedure???

SharkmanBMW
08-13-2005, 07:25 PM
rip the door apart and get another panel later!
you may have no alternative.

Interceptor
08-14-2005, 01:31 PM
have you tried the emergency unlock procedure???
How do you do that?

ve39
08-14-2005, 01:55 PM
I had the same problem what i did is opened a window and started pulling a pin (can't pull it out with the hands) it will take couple of tries wile you pull HARD trying moving a handle, after you'll get it out you'll be able to open your door but there still would be some problems with the lock so what you'll have to do is put that grease for locks put it in and play around with the pin the lock will work it self out on it's on.
make sure to put that grease on all of the lock after so it wont happened to the other doors

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=8351

632 Regal
08-14-2005, 04:59 PM
do the manual unlock procedure.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=11660&highlight=manual+unlock

Paul in NZ
08-15-2005, 03:15 AM
How do you do that?

what jeff said

do the manual unlock procedure.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showth...t=manual+unlock

wailerwoo
08-15-2005, 11:38 AM
I will try force. Thanks to everyone for the hepful ideas.

e34.535i.sport
05-02-2007, 03:32 PM
I had a similar problem with the same door - i took the plastic door pin offand poured a bit of 3-in-1 oil down there, left it for a bit and voila - door opened! Helped me - anythings worth a go right?!

Ferret
05-03-2007, 01:19 AM
I had a similar problem in my '91 525i try the following:

From the drivers door:
Turn key all the way to deadlock
Turn key to unlock
Turn key to lock, just to the point where the locking motors cut in, but are not deadlocked.
Turn key to unlock.

This would usually cause my passenger door lock to pop open...

bmwrp8
05-03-2007, 03:12 AM
hmm..sounds like your passenger door is stuck at deadlock

wyze
05-03-2007, 03:20 AM
my driver door was double locked and stuck like that for a little bit, but what i was able to do

open the window and start pulling on the pin slightly, then with your other hand use the key to try and unlock the door, while pulling up on the pin with more force and it should pop free

worked first shot with me