PDA

View Full Version : Detailer in the Toronto area?

Jay 535i
08-12-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm looking for a top-notch detailer in the Toronto area to bring my paint back to life. Any leads?

uscharalph
08-12-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm looking for a top-notch detailer in the Toronto area to bring my paint back to life. Any leads?
Clay Bar and you can do it yourself. Works wonders!

Jay 535i
08-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Clay Bar and you can do it yourself. Works wonders!

I spoke to a nearby detailer who said he'd do a three-step polish followed by hand waxing for C$250, which sounded reasonable to me. I might do the clay bar thing myself before I take it to them for the polishing. My paint's pretty tired and scratched.

I'd like to know, though, if someone can recommend a place, as I'm not 100% sure I trust these guys to a) do the best possible job and b) not damage anything. They're a well-known crew, but they still make me nervous.

western99
08-12-2005, 08:25 PM
I will be doing a full detail on my baby next month. I will tell you what to buy and we can do it together. We can use my polisher and we should be able to do it in good time if both of us work on it at the same time. Ask Bruno how my car comes out. It is 10 yrs old and it looks like new. Shoot me a pm and we can discuss the details. It will cost you about $100 in product (Cdn Tire)but it will come out looking like the day she was made. Just look at my pics in the link below in my signature.

Brian

liquidtiger720
08-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Too bad you arnt in S.F.

Jay 535i
08-12-2005, 09:57 PM
I will be doing a full detail on my baby next month. I will tell you what to buy and we can do it together. We can use my polisher and we should be able to do it in good time if both of us work on it at the same time. Ask Bruno how my car comes out. It is 10 yrs old and it looks like new. Shoot me a pm and we can discuss the details. It will cost you about $100 in product (Cdn Tire)but it will come out looking like the day she was made. Just look at my pics in the link below in my signature.

Brian

That's really generous. Thanks, I'd love to. I'll send a PM.

Know anything about Zaino's brand of clay bar, polishes and waxes?

western99
08-13-2005, 10:05 AM
They are a great product. The only problem is that you have to mix the product yourself to get the wax hardness you want. A time consuming process. With 2 cars, we would not have the time to do it the right way. I use all Mothers product. They car comes out looking sharp. I have been using them for the last 5 yrs and they have not let me down. I have used Zaino before, but I find that it is a much more sensitive type way. You have to be consistent on how you apply the stuff, or else will you will notice the differences on your car.

western99
08-13-2005, 10:06 AM
They are a great product. The only problem is that you have to mix the product yourself to get the wax hardness you want. A time consuming process. With 2 cars, we would not have the time to do it the right way. I use all Mothers product. They car comes out looking sharp. I have been using them for the last 5 yrs and they have not let me down. I have used Zaino before, but I find that it is a much more sensitive type of product. You have to be consistent on how you apply the stuff, or else will you will notice the differences on your car.

Qube
08-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Chiming in to subscribe to the post.

At the rate of gas now, I'm pumping Canadian Tire premium and have enough Cdn Tire bucks for this kind of stuff ;)

western99
08-14-2005, 05:55 PM
It cost me $40 to fill up half my tank yesterday at $1.11 for premium at Sunoco. This @#($ is getting out of hand I tell you. And I have a 2.5 ltr too.

B

SharkmanBMW
08-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Imagine how I feel in Quebec, $1.08 for regular!
It is scary to fill the 540i these days, and I don't go far on a tank!

MarkD
08-15-2005, 06:31 AM
It cost me $40 to fill up half my tank yesterday at $1.11 for premium at Sunoco. This @#($ is getting out of hand I tell you. And I have a 2.5 ltr too.

B

Well get yourself a performance chip, your mileage will increase. I programmed a 2003 540iA and the owner emailed to say he's getting an extra 120 km's per tank!

I was going to mention some detailers in Toronto, but it looks like you will go the DIY route.

Mark

BobHarris
08-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Lets not go down the petrol cost road!!

In the UK a UK gallon costs almost $8 US

All the best

Bob

western99
08-15-2005, 05:54 PM
to talk about...