PDA

View Full Version : OT: Busted -- d@mn network nazis blocked bimmer.info

gale
08-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Oh well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Took them a few years to pick up on it.

On another down note, the dreaded oil filter cannister check valve/oil drain down/low oil pressure syndrome struck this week. I've narrowed it down to the check valve for certain vs. a bad pressure sender or weak oil pump or pounded out bearings. Being a part-time machinist, I'll do my best to work out a fix & will post results. I know Bruno & Tom O. had a go at it a few years ago. I sure don't want to shell out the bucks for a whole new cannister just to R & R a flakey check valve.

Jeff N.
08-12-2005, 12:25 AM
I think a lot of us would be interested in a fix for the dreaded canister problem. Curious what you come up with Gale. Between Martin and I, we may even have a spare (bad valve) canister to donate if you need one to hack on.

Hector
08-12-2005, 09:11 AM
donate for "scientific" research. Don, I don't mean to preach to the choir but after you have warmed up the car, and if no oil pukes from the oil canister after removing the cover, then I think there is a pretty good chance it's the check valve. I guess we can all agree that this check valve is begging for an upgrade.