PDA

View Full Version : Ok...what did I break now?...

mancini_mark
02-26-2004, 01:30 PM
Hi guys,

So, I finally got my instrument cluster working...almost...but good enough. For some reason, the tachometer reads 1000 RPM too low on the highway. Truth be told, I put a 1993 cluster in my 1990 car, but tried to use my tachometer in it because the mileage thing is in L/100km.

BUT when I was tightening the steering wheel nut, I heard a "click" and now my turn signal doesn't cancel itself when I turn. I must have broken something right? I hope it's not too expensive. What could this be?

Thanks,
Mark

Martin in Bellevue
02-26-2004, 01:37 PM
The turn signal has a white plastic piece that broke when tightening down the wheel with the turn signal engaged. With it engaged, the white plastic piece was extended. Extended, it had nowhere to go when the steering wheel locator was coming down. The locator normally acts on the signal radially to return the turn signal off.
I pulled the turn signal stalk from the parts car if ya want it.

mancini_mark
02-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Hi Martin,

I might want the signal lever. How much do you want for it? I don't suppose crazy glue would do me any good?

Mark

Martin in Bellevue
02-26-2004, 02:47 PM
No harm trying the crazy glue. Let me know if it doesn't hold, or the tab is unfindable.