PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Clinton, SC, want to check out a 535 for me?

billb
08-11-2005, 08:08 AM
There's one listed on Autotrader at Cooper Auto in Clinton, near Anderson SC. It's about 200 miles away from me, and I don't have a free weekend for about a month. Anyone near there? It's got about 160k miles on the clock, and they say it's "running hot" after they just replaced the headgasket...

I picture a bunch of good ol' boys standing around pouring Bars Leak in it...

Bill R.
08-11-2005, 10:17 AM
and coolant out of the bolt holes when the did change the gasket and splitting the block when they tightened them down.... Just something to think about too.. :)

There's one listed on Autotrader at Cooper Auto in Clinton, near Anderson SC. It's about 200 miles away from me, and I don't have a free weekend for about a month. Anyone near there? It's got about 160k miles on the clock, and they say it's "running hot" after they just replaced the headgasket...

I picture a bunch of good ol' boys standing around pouring Bars Leak in it...

billb
08-11-2005, 11:10 AM
and coolant out of the bolt holes when the did change the gasket and splitting the block when they tightened them down.... Just something to think about too.. :)

We'll see what we get, if they get it resolved. Just thought I'd get some enthusiast eyes on the scene before trekking 400 miles round trip to see somebody's junk.

Thanks Bill!

Kalevera
08-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Hmmm...

Is it an '89 5 speed, blue with something like a '95 blue interior?

best, whit