PDA

View Full Version : OT: curb rash

jarome
08-10-2005, 12:26 PM
My friend has a '04 M3. He accidentally parked too close to a sidewalk and got a nasty rash on his pass. side rim. He currently lives in L.A.

Does anyone know/recommend a repair shop? Thanks!

granit_silber
08-10-2005, 01:29 PM
www.RimPro.com

Of course, he'll have to ship the wheel.
-ashley

uscharalph
08-10-2005, 01:49 PM
www.RimPro.com

Of course, he'll have to ship the wheel.
-ashley
Damn six week turnaround and not cheap. I'll bet they do good work though!

DaCan23
08-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Rimpro supposedly does super nice work, there are many places all over that do this type of stuff. A cheaper option, which Rimpro also does is, they have a huge inventory of wheels, you can buy just one wheel and send them your old rim as part of an exchange, they then repair it an keep it for the next person... sorta like a "core" thing for an engine or tranny or other reman part.

Jon K
08-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Rimpro supposedly does super nice work, there are many places all over that do this type of stuff. A cheaper option, which Rimpro also does is, they have a huge inventory of wheels, you can buy just one wheel and send them your old rim as part of an exchange, they then repair it an keep it for the next person... sorta like a "core" thing for an engine or tranny or other reman part.

Wheel Collision in Bath, PA does excellent work. I am sending my wheels there to get refinished and lips polished over winter.

granit_silber
08-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Wheel Collision in Bath, PA does excellent work. I am sending my wheels there to get refinished and lips polished over winter.

Could you post a write up about the re-wrapping of your A-pillars?
-ashley

StorminNorm
08-11-2005, 10:32 AM
There is a local place in the San Fernando valley - they will even give you a loaner wheel. They quoted me $650 to redo all 4 of my badly curb rashed 17 inch BBs. I will see if I can find them - LA Wheel or something like that - yahoo it.