PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, Baby! No More Misfire!!!

granit_silber
08-08-2005, 09:37 PM
Just wanted to update you guys on my situation.

On Friday: I replaced my valve cover gasket. The hardest part of that was that I freaked myself out when I saw the shiny cams ("Okay, ashley don;t drop anything in there")!

Saturday: My wife decided that we needed shelving in the garage. So off the Lowe's we went. Came back with lumber, brackets, screws, and...a nail gun and compressor (whoo-hoo)!

Sunday: Stupid shelves "Why is it SO HOT IN HERE?!?! Thank God for compressed air and nail guns! Why don't cordless drill bases have TWO charging slots?"

Sunday night: I finally came up with the bright idea to replace each coil, drive the car, and figure out which cylinder was missing. Replaced the middle-most coil.

Monday: still missing. work then the YMCA, dinner. Rain (glad we worked in garage). BTW engines get really hot! Worked my way through the front 5 cylinders and wah-laa the second coil from the front was bad. Now I know what "candy" looks like.

I will be replacing all of the coils soon. But it felt good to fix this problem before the wee hours of the morning.

I going to go soak my burned fingers now. :)
-ashley

uscharalph
08-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Job well done!

dacoyote
08-08-2005, 09:43 PM
Congratulations.

Glad that you got it working.

-Charles